eBikes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good decision. I travel with small tools as well including all the ones you mentioned. My design for the interior had desk space and counter space as a prority.

I saw this Bike Umbrella on Mashable and thought it may add to the thread.  Sometimes you get caught in the rain when riding a bicycle or motorcycle.  I wouldn't suggest this in a storm but it may be nice to have if there are chances of rain showers in the forecast.

A modified umbrella with a blue rain hood attached to it.  It can attach to the bicycle and the hood slipped over your head.  I could see one of those Covid face shields being worn with it.

After arriving at one's destination and the bike locked to a rack, the umbrella could be used in the usual manner if raining.

[img=300x360]http://vf.under-cover.biz/pics/campaign_share_en.jpg[/img]

I saw the Lectric ebikes on the HOWA page when they did giveaways. I just purchased a Lectric 2.0 bike and they are supposed to be able to manage 300+ lbs. The bike feels like it is a bit big for me (5.6), but feels good for my guy who is 6 ft 3. Not sure if it feels so big bc my last bike was a slim & trim light weight road bike; this has fat tires and a large frame (aluminum I think), so it is heavy and much thicker than I'm used to. It folds and is about 60 lbs in total.

Some additional info on the Lectric: I wish the cord for charging was a bit longer, but an extension cord will solve that. There were a few complaints about shipping times on the website, but they are currently in stock. My bike went out for delivery (2 day through FedEx) two days after I ordered, so less than a week for delivery. The battery delivery is going out separately due to some shipping issues according to cust service it is (going out Monday or Tuesday so around 1.5 week from date of order to date of delivery at this time). No review on performance due to battery issue. So far I am happy with the bike and looking forward to getting moving on it. Starting price is $999 for the 2.0, so all in all it was the best price I could find for what I was willing to compromise on. There are always give and take for anything we purchase; maybe getting the bike is the up for the 'down' of it looking like 'a girls bike'.

Hope that helps & gives another option.

Lithium batteries have special hazardous materials regulations for shipping and handling, which means shipping Lithium is more expensive per pound.

Thus the bike is shipped at a cheaper rate without the battery bank.

Having a 60 pound bike means a step through "girl's bike" frame will allow you to keep from breaking a leg trying to get both feet on the same side of the bike when it starts to go down, especially if you mount a milk crate on the rear rack. Wish Rad Mini had offered their step through frame when we bought ours as my wife would be able to dismount or come to a stop without falling over at 5' 4" by simply sliding forward off the seat.

Hey Saadowgorl,

Congrats on your new Lectric. I have a Sondors FoldX, which is a lot like your bike, but from everything I've read or heard, your Lectric is just as good and just as dependable as anything out there, plus I love Lectric's sales and service team.

You'll catch on to how to ride it pretty quickly and then the extra weight won't bother you anymore. The main thing is to get used to the pedal assist function and your frenemy the twist throttle.

You're gonna love it, sez me.

Johnny

Well I ordered a Lectric Bike its the step thru model should be here in a few days. I'm going to try to ride it work, I will have to order a helmet and lighted vest to go with it.

If your on the east coast… I have a brand new never ridden Lectric bike that I would be willing to let go for the right price. Would take like 800 for it. Not a step thru. Good guys bike. But I’m too short for it so I bought a step thru. I like it cause it looks more like a girls bike too. I figure I would keep it in case the other needs repaired. But I’m trying to down size so keeping it is not practical.

Cammy… I love your putt putt. I salivated over it when I met you. Someday….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jean are you coming out this winter? Wanna go ride? So many in Q don’t really get to go out and see the sites in the desert. I enjoy taking people out.

Cam… I’m not able to make it out this year unfortunately. Have to stay on the east coast to handle some business.

Well I got my eBike in today, It has a bit of a learning curve. Don't hit the throttle until you are moving. LOLOLOL

I have to adjust a few things yet, but I plan to ride it work today.

Lol. I did the same thing moving it my garage. Luckily I had my hand on the seat and lifted the rear end. Couldn’t think fast enough to do the obvious. Lol.

They say once you learn to ride a bike you never forget?????

They LIED!!!!!!

Im going to be a bit sore in the morning, rode about 12 miles today.

12 miles? You could have started out with a couple!

Well I decided to ride it work and back, and I am feeling it today.

Freelander said:
Well I decided to ride it work and back, and I am feeling it today.

Bought an eBike kit back in April.
Loads of fun.  1000watt / 48v

Now imagine that same ride under your pedal power   :thumbsup:

Be safe out there.