Duracell Batteries

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on the location in the US, but that battery is Either made By East Penn/Deka, or by USbattery, both of which make a good GC-2 battery, but not quite as good As Trojan which are kind of the Benchmark 6v GC-2 battery

Keep in mind you require 2 of them in series for 12v

Thanks, I don't want to start with expensive batteries, middle of the road is good. Batteries plus gives a 10% discount if buying online. Thanks for the answer..

Rob

Last time I bought at batteriesplus, I called ahead and asked if I could have the 10% discount in person. They said yes. It doesn't hurt to ask if you want to buy in person.

I think the 6v batteries sold at batteries plus blow away a pair of group 29 12vs sold at wal mart for the same price, and BAtteries Plus are perhaps not as numerous as Wallyworlds, but the nationwide warranty is still valid.

Both EastPenn/Deka and USbattery make a very good GC-2 battery, it is just Trojan's are the benchmark GC-2
Interstate GC-2 are made by USBattery unless something has changed recently.

I'm not really up to date on solar panel or controller offerings or the capabilities of that specific controller. I'd ask JiminDenver.

Thanks for all your help to me and others, it is appreciated.

Rob

I seem to remember the space on the roof to be more suited to the next size smaller panel, say 250 to 270 max. They get longer in the 280 and up range.

I am sure the batteries would be fine but would be at the high end of what your solar would deal with. Get behind and there isn't enough panel to do the job. I know it's looked down on but a decent grp 27 would fill the need and love that amount of solar. Mine did great for 6 years and now is doing the same on another trailer.

Not much on local Craigslist... Not buying until after the 1st anyway, just sorting a few things out.

Rob

A few months back I installed four of the Duracell SLIGC125's in the scissor lift at work. They've worked well so far. I also used a pair of them to build a power supply for 2,000 watts worth of lights on one of the sets in last summer's show. The system worked flawlessly for the entire two month run. My initial test of the power system was a 1,200 watt load for an hour before it showed any significant voltage drop.

I have six GC2 with Duracell labels. I have the larger 230 AH rated. Battery plus bulb have prices better than Sam's Club without the membership fee. I have researched, and I can only find reference to Duracell being made by East Penn. The marine cruiser sites find many favorable comparisons with Trojan brand by those that have used both. They are wet cell and must be maintained.

If you can find new Trojan t-105 for less than $109.00, then buy which ever is most convenient. I'm just saying Duracell are good GC batteries, and Battery plus Bulbs is a fine place to buy them. Duracell Golf cart batteries are made by East Penn.

I got the duracell branded deka batteries at sams club for around 80$ on east coast, i used a guest pass i found off google.

Until February 26th Sams Club has Duracell EGC2 batteries on sale for 92.52. That's 25.00 off each .

My dad had a Duracell battery that lasted 15 years in his 75 Goldwing. Granted that wasn't a deep cycle but that's still a long time for any battery. I would be happy with a Duracell battery bank. I'm still doing my research on batteries and right now am looking at Duracell, Trojan both lead acid, or Vmax AGM. Does anyone have any other options I should look at?