Donations for rtr

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zardor

Reaction score
As a few of you know, I'm modifying my class c to better suit me. I have a ton of stuff coming out and I've seen videos of items available at the rtr for anyone who needs them. What type of stuff is most needed sought after? I want to make sure I don't throw away anything that can be recycled. So far I've saved a basic 12v house battery I've never used and the foam mattress. Those were obvious to me, but what gets selected or asked for more than others?

if it is usable I would be that someone will put it to use. I put a ton of stuff on the free tarp and it all went so quick. Looking at my storage unit I think there will be a second round this year.

Thanks Jim. I'll just use my best judgement and try not to toss everything.

anything that can be used for this lifestyle will go. last year I brought a bunch of guide type books. they went fast. any type of camping equipment, tools, and cookware goes fast.

as a side note if you bring something and it doesn't go please take it with you so we don't end up with a pile of junk.
highdesertranger

I brought a cooler and a two burner camp stove to the last RTR. I had barely even set them down on the free stuff tarp before someone claimed them. The people who took them were grateful and happy to have them. I was happy to see them go to people who had could use them.

If I'm able to make it to the next RTR, I'll probably bring a few other items that I no longer need.

My first load were the cushions from my dinette and a unused bunk mattress still in the bag. The mattress never got close to the tarp before it was claimed and the cushions lasted minutes. Anything good is gone before you know it.