Dogs: Do you ever wonder?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c2ed220d-a1b2-4cd6-98ad-cbf076162765_zps7zamnibb.jpg

This ball chasing lunatic, will stop and hunch, mid retrieval of said ball, usually in the middle of the asphalt lane.

Usually right in front of a high foot traffic area. Sometimes she drops the ball and retrieves it afterwards, sometime she lets the ball roll away from the scene of the crime and just trots back snorting, perhaps laughing that a human has to go pick up her poo.

This Dog cracks me up, but feeling warm poo through a plastic bag does cause some resentment.

TrainChaser said:
What is amazing is that they can separate and identify different odors at the same time.  I was hiking near Government Camp in OR one time, and I could smell someone's meat BBQ.  Dixie raised her nose and sniffed, wagging her tail.  Half a minute later, she stepped across in front of me and stopped, blocking me, looking into the trees.  I bumped her aside and took another step, and she repeated the maneuver.  I looked down at her tail, and it was tucked.  

OKAY, LET'S GO BACK!  We turned around and went back up the trail, with our heads on our shoulders.  Never saw it, but I'm sure it was a bear.

When the dog says STOP!, pay attention!

Yes, sometimes when we're on a trail, my dog will stop, unaccountably, and refuse to continue and with his tail between his legs.  Probably bear or cougar, both of which are common where we hike.

Latest posts