Dodge Journey complete seat removal ( NO pics online?!)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda_Sue

Reaction score
Well, I can't believe I finally  stumped the g°°gle machine! Up until now it doesn't matter how esoteric my question, there always have been many others who've asked it before me! lol

I've been looking for photos (and ideally a video) of a Dodge Journey with all of the second and third row seats removed. Nothing. Nada. Zip! I couldn't believe it. There are a couple of videos on YouTube of how to remove the seats, but they don't show what the interior looks like afterward, and certainly not set up it up as a living space. :s

I currently use it (part time) with the seats folded down which is pretty good for space. I have fiercely protectively maintained my "bathroom stall" (one second row seat left up); can cook out the back, inside in a pinch (over the stove area, added a thin metal sheet to the ceiling for some protection).

However, I really do need just a bit more space and have wrestled for quite a long time between different kinds of minivans or pickup trucks. The thing is, I just love this vehicle, it never gives me any trouble, has low mileage, so I hate to let it go...AND I know that a friend who traded in an identical vehicle got crap money for it so I'm hesitant to go that route ( and I've never had a good experience with a private sale so I'm trying to avoid that).

So, I'm trying to find a way to make my current vehicle more usable. It's not super easy to remove these seats, and I'm a little worried that if I do it I may find that I don't have all that much extra space after all. I was really hoping I would find some information online.

Has anyone ever done this with a orJourney or something similar, and if so, do you have photos? Was it worth it?

Thanks in advance!

I saw one a long time ago but can’t find it now. They put plastic tubs in the depressions where the seats would normally go when folded and framed out so plywood could be used to make a flat floor. It seems to me they had some components that were welded or stuck up that caused some problems but gained a lot of storage space under the new floor.

I have no idea what this means.

did you get the OP's seats removed?
did you remove your seats?
did you remove someone else's seats?
did you find a how to on the internet?
would you care to elaborate?
would you care to share so future members know how to do it?

highdesertranger

Sorry, I searched and thought I had found pictures of a Journey that had been converted into a micro camper, but upon further investigation found it was a Dodge Minivan. I should have put "Deleted post" when I edited it. Sorry for the confusion. Bill C