Dodge Grand Caravan camper sleeper for two tall people

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JFJn8fzif14t-uq4B7EoNQtnELr3TtsSj9Rt7_eUvra7-te0LgA6sjSFm20PlFYY2-MQmU8yietQhgp42Ux-bxkYG1dwCvNAhqLq70k4hubAjrgIrqEkiFmeWn855KyEFJv6Y3c

My family situation changed, a boy was born, not realistic to travel far and sleep in minivan together, but it still can serve as my personal escape pod from family ;) , so I cut the above removable part in half and that provided a bed for one person plus enough space to sit in small folding chair - and even some floor room for small gas heater and/or stove. I thought I will remove mattress to cook on top but (as weather was cold) I ended up cooking on the floor, USB-fan helped to blow hot air under my chair ( bottom-right on below pic):
AM-JKLXzC1dFL_dhKNn85OByNmjkkltspi70yMxxsHQ6j02F3A8Dgz1dERjHGp83xOihewOch0Mi3bwOJzjtiYk86CKtsZv33vUVNODXhooetHqT_xxHlIbyKOPb46PzNvCSnCFsDFIOPMVS67477WNtT89C=w1228-h922-no

It was just a test of a small butane heater from AliExpress, its size was right for minivan but I think it created a bit more carbon monoxide than butane stove while providing the same heat. Here is my short video with carbon monoxide detector result:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGSgFJlfyoE
Level 30 will not kill but can provide headache for sure. Cracking window wider helped to reduce this level but then heating becomes not so efficient, OK for occasional use though...
Also, this AliExpress heater was helpful to keep my tea hot, a stable base for butane can could be useful... perhaps next time...

Last edited: