• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dodge Caravan minivan conversion for traveling and camping

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoneCamper

Reaction score
I have designed a new camping conversion for the Dodge Caravan/Chrysler Town & Country (2016 and prior.)
We wanted a comfortable vehicle for traveling, and an economical place to camp at the end of the day. 
The Dodge Caravan was chosen because of the unique Stow-N-Go seats. With the camping conversion in the rear of the van, the second row of seats is still usable, allowing you to have 1,2,3 or 4 people seated in the van.
The bed platform retracts to just behind the second row of seats. It extends to the back of the driver's seat to create a full-size bed just over 6-feet long.
The rear kitchen galley (shown in the photo) occupies the back of the van, under the rear hatch. 

galley 50.jpg

This design was copied from the popular teardrop campers - but we didn't want to tow a trailer. And we didn't want to pay over $10,000 for a plywood camper that would self-destruct over time.

The "GoneCamper" has proven to be economical to drive and comfortable for camping. Please see the GoneCamper YouTube channel for several informative videos. Or visit GoneCamper for additional information and more photos.

PS. The GoneCamper conversion package INCLUDES:
full-size retractable bed frame and folding foam mattress
rear kitchen galley with 5-gallon water container and dual fuel 2-burner stove (kitchen utensils not included.)
Reflectix insulating, black-out window covers for the six side windows (three on each side) and rear hatch window

Attachments

• galley 50.jpg
    galley 50.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 77
AbuelaLoca said:
Very cool! I didn't see a price anywhere on the site?

The full package sells for $2,495.00 complete!

This package will fit any minivan with a 4-foot x 8-foot cargo area. Other brands will require some seats to be removed. Dodge Caravans keep all the seats intact - although they can certainly be unbolted if desired.

Here is a pic of the bed:

bed 50.jpg

The bed is level and has room for FOUR storage totes under the front section. The mattress folds in thirds and can also be used as a couch! The rear fixed section also has loads of storage space under for chairs, camping gear, etc.

Attachments

• bed 50.jpg
    bed 50.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 84
Good luck on your business.
Suggestion-
Make the bed a split. Either single or double wide can be extended. Perfect for the single traveler that wants some floor space.

This reminds me of the Jucy RVs, but more of a CRVL twist
I thought only the Grand Caravan would be suitable for something like this, but your kit works in regular Caravans, too? (I think standard Caravans have been discontinued, but lots of them still our there)