DIY face masks

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it was me who got pissy. I just posted the exact same thing a couple of days ago and I have been adding a lot of descriptions recently.

it sounds like you need a refresher course on the rules. this is straight out of the rules,

"Once you've you've made enough substantive posts, include a complete description of the content of the link for those members who don't have enough bandwidth or data to view it. This includes any links within a signature."

everybody gets a link to these rules when they give us an intro. it's called, "tips, tricks, and rules"

in case you want to refresh your memory,

https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=10289

anymore questions? like I said the other day , I am going to start deleting them. today I had one that was a total waste of time to check out so I could add a description.

highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
it was me who got pissy. I just posted the exact same thing a couple of days ago and I have been adding a lot of descriptions recently.

it sounds like you need a refresher course on the rules.  this is straight out of the rules,

"Once you've you've made enough substantive posts, include a complete description of the content of the link for those members who don't have enough bandwidth or data to view it.  This includes any links within a signature."

everybody gets a link to these rules when they give us an intro.  it's called,  "tips, tricks, and rules"

in case you want to refresh your memory,

https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=10289

anymore questions?  like I said the other day , I am going to start deleting them.  today I had one that was a total waste of time to check out so I could add a description.

highdesertranger

"Once you've you've made enough substantive posts, include a complete description of the content of the link for those members who don't have enough bandwidth or data to view it.  This includes any links within a signature."

Have I made enough substantive posts to cause me to complete a description? I guess so? Because I did read it and we all see what it says.

Maybe that should just be indicated correctly by simply posting ..."Please include a description of all web links posted for members that may not have enough bandwidth."

Anyhow.. enough time  with this for me.  Better things to do than wrestle about in mud.

Thanks for the refresher.

Folks.... it’s a very stressful time. Let’s try to cut everyone a break. I’m sure neither party was trying to be disrespectful. Newbies make mistakes. Mods, thankfully, are still here during this crazy time trying to keep things running smoothly.

Let’s try to be mindful during this time of crisis, words said, spoken or written, could be the “last straw” for someone out there.

I hear ya Jean I hear ya...

We got to let you out of your box more often.:)

please read the WHOLE paragraph. 6th paragraph down from "Getting started".

ah the good ole days of 10 posts. how I long for those days.

highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
please read the WHOLE paragraph.  6th paragraph down from "Getting started".

ah the good ole days of 10 posts.  how I long for those days.

highdesertranger

Oink
Does that section also have the required acronym definition "rule" or is there another link to that?

"Once you've you've made enough substantive posts, include a complete description of the content of the link."

Are you seriously going to argue a point that is flawed in its wording from the very outset?? You refer back to 10 posts yet IF you read the whole paragraph it indicates that the 10 posts is no longer a requirement.

I get it Cookie.. you want a description.. thats fine.. I understand.. I said so long ago.. But you trying to argue about a rule that was canceled and makes no sense on the surface is a joke.. Cookie.

Reading comprehension is a beautiful thing.

Please...now go harass another newcomer over a triviality.

sorry about all the ruffled feathers, but HD got onto me for the very same thing. HD, i think
you should just delete them as you are clearly sick of your current procedure. heck, you've
deleted enough posts from me ;)

the 10 posts limit was canceled the rest of the rule stands. I have no problem understanding that.

yes the acronyms are a little further down the page. and yes there are more rules in a different section in the first sub forum where it says,
"read this stuff first"

so I think we have covered that enough if anybody has any further questions PM me. any more off topic posts will be deleted.

highdesertranger

It is like the law in the real world: parts may have been revoked, but bless their hearts no one is ever going to go back and edit for clarity. They are just going to let irrelevant phrases stand to muddle the message.

And that is why you pay a lawyer. [emoji23]

Maybe we need forum lawyers. [emoji23][emoji23]

To the point of face masks, if you have a square of cloth and two hair ties or rubber bands, you can make a bandana mask. No sewing or stapling required. I will try to find a link.

Edited: Got the link for you. https://blog.japanesecreations.com/no-sew-face-mask-with-handkerchief-and-hair-tie Instructions for how to make a face mask with the above named materials.

I saw articles about the Emergency Bra years ago when it first came out. I have always wanted one (or five). It is a little more expensive then the bras I'm wearing now, which are el Cheapos from Wal-Mart. But the eBra is pretty AND functional. I keep saying I'll buy a couple after I lose some weight, because my bra size will change a bit. So I'll probably never get one lol. Anyway the link desert sailing posted was an article I haven't seen yet, with a little more information about the bra than I'd seen before, like the material in the liner acts as a filter and the flex inserts help mold it around your nose, all good features. Still on my wish list lol.

desert_sailing said:
....wrestle about in mud...
How did I miss mud wrestling! Must have been taking another siesta.

Don't worry. If you are on here long enough, more of your posts will be deleted. I had one deleted this week too. 
-crofter

desert_sailing said:
....All this talk about masks.. and I DONT have one:((... but I was thinking I could just move the bra down from my head a bit??..LOL.....
Too funny. HDR wants a description, but I want to see a pic of that. 
-crofter