Disabled and full time RV living

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DisabledRVcpl

Reaction score
Greetings and salutations all!

How’s we go from drowning in a dilapidated rental home where landlord wouldn’t fix anything... to living in an RV park with more drama then our precious situation?

I grew up camping first in a tent then campers and finally a motorhome... so much of this is second nature to me. Hubz however... no such animal... he grew up in a residential neighborhood and neither of his parents were into the great outdoors.

Now that my children are married and on their own I talked Hubz into trying the RV life and he’s had to do some adjusting even tho he would on tugboats and lived on them this was a new experience for him.

I’m legally blind since birth and I have had many tell me that “you can’t” never tell someone like me they can’t. Only thing I can’t do is be a vet or an MD... I’ve driven, hold multiple degrees and with other health issues I have overcome and concurred.

Hubz is a diabetic, has heart disease, has had a heart attack and a attroke... the full extent of his stroke are now rearing it’s head with neuropathy and pain. All before he turned 50

We can still do... just takes a bit longer then for a “normal” person.

We’re hoping to purchase a small
Piece of land and build our dream tiny house!

The goal is to travel but we may have to hang up our road trips across the country shoes for now.

We’ve lived in “Bessie” for nearly a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk