Decided on going the van nomad way

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metalartist said:
  For me, freedom is extremely important to me, especially being an artist who wants to be autonomous from our rat race society.  I definitely need to consider how to be responsibly comfortable so I can do my art, but not get carried away with having everything.  As a jewelry artist on the road I can’t have every tool.  In reality, you can have just a few tools and make some incredible pieces of work.  I definitely will be making as much room for my art and exploring nature.  
 Think about how much more creativity you will get in a quiet, natural setting rather than in the urban sprawl of a city. I think you will find peace, but comfort is very important in doing so. Think not only about today, but about 10 years from now, and where you want to be...I think the bigger van is a much better choice.

@cKelly

Thank you for you words of encouragement and wisdom. I do feel like this is the joy I’ve been looking for. I know my grandparents and my parents would be very proud of the journey I’m about to take. They were all artists and very successful ones.

^^^You may not want to take the chance of increased exposure till we get Covid 19 under control or at least wear a mask on government controlled areas to help with the effort is a more accurate way to put it.

As I mentioned in another post I’m not planning on heading out until I have the vaccine and my van is in good working order. I’ll also will save up some emergency funds to cover anything that might happen. Just got 2 more customers for my window washing business and more business is coming in for my framing gig. Here is the latest piece I put together.