Debs

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deborah Cazalas

Reaction score
Hello , Im looking forward to meeting y'all. Ill be 62 next January.  Im on ssdi , its very low. I had health issures and my world became upside down , never in my wildest dreams think think could happen to me .I lost my home and filed bank ruptcy awhile back , I couldn't get an apartment because they check credit. Had to move in with my X  ..... and there is a reason exes are exes. I am ready to get out and travel and live MY life ! I can't sleep in my old 2 door echo. I want to ask if there are midsize vans?

Welcome Debs to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hi Debs and welcome. There are mid-sized vans. Depending on the space you are wanting, I've seen a few Chevy Astro vans that were very efficient in "space management". Best of luck to you and, as always, keep your chin up.

Hi Debs, I'm new here too and know what you mean about exs! Maybe you can borrow money from him before your escape. Lol.

Used minivans are common - typically the family will buy new and sell before it gets too old. The biggest concern for me is maintenance and of the automatic transmission in particular. I would not buy one without seeing those maintenance records.

Cargo vans are not likely a bunch more expensive and will be more durable, long term - at the expense of gas mileage.

Hi deb as one has already said minivans are ok. My last van I slept in was that and I feel like I had plenty of room in it. They can have a lot of issues though and can be expensive to fix. I also agree with dltooley about seeing the Maintance records before buying one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard !
Vans are everywhere .
Get a trusted mechanic to check one out before you buy .

Hi Deb. My base camp and full timing journey started under bad circumstances too. Nice to meet you

Hi, Deb. I'm new here as well. I dwell in a Safari(Astro) van. It is considered mid-sized and it works well enough for me now. However, I've seen some awesome minivan setups that are the best on gas mileage and can be very space efficient. I think the Astro can still be a bit bulky sometimes, but my next van will be larger. Hope this helps!

SilverVoyager said:
Hi Debs, I'm new here too and know what you mean about exs! Maybe you can borrow money from him before your escape. Lol.

Hi, I'm just now getting back. I haven't made my escape yet :(

rvpopeye said:
Welcome aboard !
Vans are everywhere .
Get a trusted mechanic to check one out before you buy .

Hello and thanks, I just now got back here. I was having trouble getting online. I have a 99 Chevy express 1500 , I put new tires on it, then I found out I need break pads. That will have to wait until next month.

Latest posts