Dear Hollywood.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phantom Blooper said:
"SUCKED....4-5 hand jobs.... and satisfying.....how many thumbs up in one thread is that?

Wait, you're saying you like a thumb up with your handy-jay? I mean. To each his own.

Well, I went and bought tickets last Monday to see Rogue One via Fandango at our local theater for tomorrow.

I'm not a Star Wars nerd. I grew up with it yes, but I was too busy watching Star Trek and Dr. Who to care too much about it. I think it was because Trek was based more on plausible science, and WHO was just time traveling super nerd cool. I just never really got into the whole "Samurais in Space" thing that Star Wars is.(was)

but I gotta admit: When I was watching For Awakens in the theater, the only time I laughed was when they referenced Kevin Smith's "Clerks". Very few people got the gag... I think I was the oldest one in the theater.

Well saw Rogue One with the G/F.

Tell you what... They certainly put the "Wars" back in Star Wars. It was a gritty, dark(er) Saving Private Ryan type war movie. Lots and lots of fan service. They had everything in it... Star Destroyers, Tie fighters, X wings, AT-ST's, AT-AT's, Moff Tarkin, etc etc etc... And only one use of a light-sabre... and boy was that scene was bad*ss. It wasn't perfect. I have some complaints about things like character development, having too many story lines, and the such.. But I get what they were trying to do.. and there were more drop hints on prequels then I can count. OH YES there will be more of these movies. I'm impressed tho. They did something I didn't think they would do. Yeah I think every middle aged, over weight 'wars fan that was in the theatre orgasmed in their seats during a couple of the scenes, but overall, it was a good movie.

The 10 year old in me was happy as a clam. I think that in the end, Star Wars canon is going to remember ROGUE ONE as what Episode III should have been.

steamjam1 said:
my G/F just introduced me to the show: "Scorpion"... Its NERDERBATION... Its a double fisted NERD hand job.

It's not as much of a hand job as you know every word to every movie of Star Trek. Sure the Scorpion show is Sci-fi. I like it, very likable characters and story plot. It's much more than saving the world and all the geek/computers language (witch I know their fact so are off some times). It's more about how unsociable people have trouble being "normal" this is why I am so fond of this show. Maybe because I can relate to some of the unsociable experience.
I find it funny Mr.steamjam your annoyed at me for watching this show to post it on the thread haha. BTW I'm his g/f.

F350Girl said:
It's not as much of a hand job as you know every word to every movie of Star Trek. Sure the Scorpion show is Sci-fi. I like it, very likable characters and story plot. It's much more than saving the world and all the geek/computers language (witch I know their fact so are off some times). It's more about how unsociable people have trouble being "normal" this is why I am so fond of this show. Maybe because I can relate to some of the unsociable experience.
I find it funny Mr.steamjam your annoyed at me for watching this show to post it on the thread haha. BTW I'm his g/f.

Yes BUT.... Like the Star Trek the Next Generation, Scorpion always has a convenient techno-babble solution to what seems like insurmountable odds... For example A bad guy has a dooms day devise sitting under a children's hospital that's about to go off, THEY HAVE 10 MINUTES OR ALL THE KIDS AND 100 PUPPIES WILL DIE... and conveniently Scorpion hacks into the 65782364 PFS PMS ADD console they found THAT WAS JUST LAYING AROUND behind the lead actors TOILET by adding the mega phaser hydro dynamic inter rectal dehumidifier to a XF2299 100ohm resister via re-routing power to the puke-o-tron and Inbuilt security mecha-beef Taco!!! YAY THEY SAVE THE WORLD....

You guys are killin' me over here !
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

The techno nonsense in the Scorpion pilot was so bad I have avoided that show completely. If any of it was in any way realistic it would be right in my wheelhouse but I couldn't take it. The one episode of Macgyver I saw recently was the same way. None of it was in any way possible and every puzzle piece always just happens to be sitting right there when it's needed.

Mr Robot is another story. They speed the hacking up a lot, but everything they do is at least conceptually possible.

steamjam1 said:
Yes BUT.... Like the Star Trek the Next Generation, Scorpion always has a convenient techno-babble solution to what seems like insurmountable odds... For example A bad guy has a dooms day devise sitting under a children's hospital that's about to go off, THEY HAVE 10 MINUTES OR ALL THE KIDS AND 100 PUPPIES WILL DIE... and conveniently Scorpion hacks into the 65782364 PFS PMS ADD console they found THAT WAS JUST LAYING AROUND behind the lead actors TOILET by adding the mega phaser hydro dynamic inter rectal dehumidifier to a XF2299 100ohm resister via re-routing power to the puke-o-tron and Inbuilt security mecha-beef Taco!!! YAY THEY SAVE THE WORLD....

So...  :p Ha