Dating and van life. How does one go about this?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truthfully…
That just passing through stuff simply does not work in today’s society unless you are into catching “bar flies”.
Caught my first "bar fly" since going fulltime van life "baybeh". Or shall I say she caught me LOL. Needless to say lesson learned is, be prepared. I wasn't and it cost me half of the enjoyment I would of had, had I been. The next date didn't go as far or even close as the previous night, why? Probably because of what happened on the first night. BUT I was prepared this time and just nursed one glass of red wine. First impression was everything in this case. Hindsight is 20/20. To think about it, that is just what she wanted but I couldn't give her the full experience that she wanted LOL. And probably why the second date didn't go far. She was totally up front told me she was getting married in our first conversations. I lost her number already,

I am traditional type when it comes to stuff like this. I.e get the number, call her next day or two, converse, ask on a date (gives you time to prepare). I am not used to the the one nighters because they don't happen to guys like me. Van life maybe it will happen more often I don't know. But lesson learned be prepared. It impacts the first impression.

Last edited:
Caught my first "bar fly" since going fulltime van life "baybeh". Or shall I say she caught me LOL.

Gotta make sure those barflys aren't really "bar mosquitoes"...

The poor lighting, loud music, and booze will all conspire against your judgement... gotta listen for that high pitched buzz...
:ROFLMAO::unsure:
She was totally up front told me she was getting married in our first conversations.

Just something I noticed in my younger days when I was good looking... the crazy number of women who would hit on me AFTER they'd gotten engaged!

Seriously ladies, WTF is up with that?

Granted, I've been naive about women most of my life... or, people in general really. But... I can't imagine what the point would be of a intimate partner who I'd then lie to and cheat on. The whole point for me is in the opposite direction.

I guess it's got something to do with autonomy, power, and control? Some BS notion about having your cake and eating it too?

Gotta make sure those barflys aren't really "bar mosquitoes"...

The poor lighting, loud music, and booze will all conspire against your judgement... gotta listen for that high pitched buzz...
:ROFLMAO::unsure:

Just something I noticed in my younger days when I was good looking... the crazy number of women who would hit on me AFTER they'd gotten engaged!

Seriously ladies, WTF is up with that?

Granted, I've been naive about women most of my life... or, people in general really. But... I can't imagine what the point would be of a intimate partner who I'd then lie to and cheat on. The whole point for me is in the opposite direction.

I guess it's got something to do with autonomy, power, and control? Some BS notion about having your cake and eating it too?
I have to say, I cheated on my fiancé and had as many one night stands as I could find prior to getting married. My reasoning was get it out of my system before marriage. Right or wrong it worked, 43 years of faithful marriage.

I have to say, I cheated on my fiancé and had as many one night stands as I could find prior to getting married. My reasoning was get it out of my system before marriage. Right or wrong it worked, 43 years of faithful marriage.
One night She told me the same thing regarding marrying u………
sayin
bch bum jonny
(sorry dude, ya left ur self wide open 4 it)
🤷🏻‍♂️

I hope she doesn't read your post(s) when you step away from the dining table or couch or office area. Or else it could be it was a great 43 years of marriage :D