Dates for RTR 2015 Set

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akrvbob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got the dates set for this years 5th Annual Rubber Tramp Rendezvous (RTR). They are:

January 6-20, 2015.
In Quartzsite, Arizona
As always I have set the dates to overlap the first weekend of the Big Tent RV show. I do that because you are very likely to get a summer job there if you are looking for one. Plus, Quartzsite takes on a carnival-Mardi-Gras atmosphere that is very fun to watch!!

On the top of this page is a Menu Button titled "Gatherings". Click on that and you will learn all about the RTR. Right now it's still about last years gathering but nothing will change except the dates and possibly some of the seminar schedule.

About the seminars. I would love to expand the number of seminars we do but I need people to lead them. If you would like to lead one please feel free to contact me and let me what topic you have in mind.

I know that with the cost of gas many of you are thinking you just can't afford it, and I can understand that. But let me offer you a cheaper alternative; fly into Phoenix and rent a van.

Flight into Phoenix are surprising reasonable from most of the country and you can rent a U Haul van for $20 a day in Quartzsite, Blythe or Parker. Then it's expensive per mile but rent it in Quartzsite and you will only need to drive t for a very few miles. Or you can rent it by the week for about $400 with unlimited mileage.

If you do that, you can down to Algodones, Mexico (about 200 miles round-trip) and save much more than the cost of the trip on glasses, dental work and prescription drugs. You might actually make money on the trip when you include the savings!

There are many great reasons you should start planning now to join us, but the biggest is the friendships you will make. They alone are worth the trip, the gas and the time.

Hope to see you there!:D
Bob

Have you ever done a survey of how far people drove to the RTR?

I plan on being there for sure. I'll be in New York between Christmas and New Years and then on my way. I'd love to lead a seminar on Pet care, traveling with, health, grooming, training, etc. I've worked in every possible pet related field for over 30 years so could answer most any question. Is that something you would be interested in? My only worry is that bad weather or mechanical issues could delay my arrival.

Decodancer, YES!!!!! Please!!

That's a wonderful idea! As a devoted pet owner I would jump at the chance to go to a seminar from a professional pet groomer. If you're sure, I'll schedule it for later in the RTR and if you can't make it we will just do something else, no big deal.

Thanks for the offer, let's do it!
Bob

We've had people every year from all 4 corners of the country, Maine, Florida and Washington. And of course we are pretty open minded here, we even let in ..... Canucks! (and the crowd gasps)!!!!
Bob

PS. for those that don't know Canucks are Canadians, our polite and gentle neighbors to the north.

You got it Bob, count me in. I could do a demo on maintenance grooming, foot care, ear cleaning, and brushing etc. Best tools for different coat types. Maybe touch on symptoms to watch for health wise. If you have any other ideas just let me know. My two older guys and I have been on stage numerous times so it would be fun. Unless Amazon kills me, I don't see any reason why I can't make it. A later date would be a good idea though as I'm not keen on long driving days and want to enjoy the trip there.

You are going to be my favorite of the whole RTR!

I bet you could make some money there too!! I have no problem with people doing business there, we all need to support each other. Every day I do a reminder of businesses people have and things they have for sale. If I can help you with that let me know.
Bob

I recall at least 2 people from Canada at the last RTR in Quartzsite. Yes, I gasped too when they told me where they traveled from!

This may be the year I get to come! I will be in camo mode if theres a flower garden somewhere.
Dragonfly

Attachments

• camper serenity  July 2014 Flower Garden 002 (Small).jpg
    camper serenity July 2014 Flower Garden 002 (Small).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 42
You are on my list of people I want to meet Dragonfly, I hope you can make it. I know Where the Wind Blows said she might be coming as well. Maybe we can get a caravan together from the PA and Ohio region? I might be motivated to drive longer hours per day if I had a group to meet in the evening.

decodancer, We hope to be leaving for the RTR from Ohio after New Years. We would love to be part of a caravan as this will be our first adventure to the RTR.

It will be my first trip out west too janncoo. The more the merrier. Whether we stick together or just meet at the end of the day it will be great fun. I was planning on doing portions of route 66 along the way. Do you guys have a schedule you have to stick too?

I would offer an art paint plien-air sorte, but feel I would need to bring supplies for the come alongs, I will bring a fresh and hopefully inspiring interesting attitude towards painting Ala Fresco. Currently have a piece hanging in the Yosemite Valley San Francisco Camp, community hall. (Hetch Hechy)

decodancer, No schedule for us to worry about. We are very excited and hopefully we can make some concrete plans for this trip. We travel with a german sheperd and yorkiepoo. Can't wait to meet you and your crew. We are not the fastest travelers and are flexible.

In my new-to-me RV, I plan to attend, and am looking forward! While I don't think I can focus on presenting a seminar, I expect to have many items I have made (i am a felt maker) looking for homes.

That's great FreedomSerentiy! Every day we do announcements and I announce people with businesses or things for sale so you are welcome to try to sell your wares!
Bob

I'm hoping to come, but won't know for a while. If we do come, I could do a program on self-publishing, been doing it for decades.

I hope to come if I can get everything sold by then. No special talents but I make a great audience:) and excited to learn anything!

I will happily do another ASL seminar (ASL == American Sign Language, a language with your hands). I did one last year, and people seemed to enjoy it, so count me in for one this year too. Absolute beginners welcome!

Thanks both of you Zana and Tara! We can plan on it! TraveLyn, hope you can make it, we need an audience!
Bob

Latest posts