Damaged my Fiberglass

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JB Weld has a different Epoxy putty stick that might work for your repair as it dries to an off white color. I saw it yesterday at Walmart. It is called “Waterweld” because it will stick to wet surfaces. Fiberglass is on the list of materials it works for.
I haven't made the repair yet. Will pick up two part epoxy as soon as I can. Thanks!

I used water weld to patch a small hole in the radiator of my 1995 Mercury Villager mini van I used to own. It held with no leaks until I replaced the radiator about 6 months later.
Tried a couple of Walmarts but they did not have the WaterWeld. Ordering from Amazon. Fortunately it doesn't rain much in AZ and it isn't a hole . . . YET. ;) Thanks again to all for their input!

I finally made the repair using the JB Weld putty stick, also used the alcohol and swab to clean up any extra; we've had a week of pouring rain and it's holding up great! It never had an actual hole, just cracked fiberglass in the shape of a tiny volcano, but I didn't want it to become a hole. Just wanted to let everyone who contributed know how things turned out. : )

Sanding and touch-up paint are a "as soon as I can" project.

Thanks again for all of the helpful input!
Willow

Thanks for posting a follow up. That is good for future reference. Glad the repair has worked out for you. Fiberglass just like metal rigs or even wood ones requires ongoing upkeep from minor surface injuries. The first boo-boo tends to be the most stressful. After that you get used to figuring out how to patch it up.