I Wanted a Fast & Cheap Build!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffJones

Reaction score
When I first got my Ford E250 I thought in oneonthni should be done and on the road. Lol. Fool am I said OB1
There are several things one must keep in perspective. 

1. Life gets in the way and it does not have a pause button. Things come up and shi+ happens. Set a goal with a pencil, not a chisel.

2. Money. Ah yes money, it won't take much to get'er done said I. Do you know how many little pieces go into assembling a solar set up? KaChing. Or the flooring or the walls oh ya run the wires before the insulation.....

3. Tools. If you start with a shop your cool,  BUT if you have zip like in nothing, there are a lot of different tools needed it seems like. I had to buy tools to dismantle the original stuff in a wheel chair van first. That was interesting. Then saws, chalking gun, hammer, screw drivers, wire strippers, Sanders, plumbing tools, drill bits of all sorts, tapes of all sorts.some I never knew exsisted. Enjoy Amazon or the hardware store, your new friends.

4. Furnishings. What? I just need a bed. Oh and a sink, stove, dishes, refer, potty, water tank or jug, gray water jug, lights, area rug, forks knifes, utensils, cold beer, and more like stain, paint, sealer, finish, more sandpaper see #3

5. Money. Yes more money for insurance, gas, food, space fee, repairs, tires, oil changes because your driving a lot of miles now. Oh, and more gas now too. 

6. Patience. Chill, your a Nomad. It's going to take time to bring it all together. But the great part is you can hit the road at any point and finish as you go. Enjoy the ride, have fun with it and laugh at yourself once in a while. Heck I laugh at me all day long. You can laugh at me to, have fun, it's an adventure. 
Merry Christmas and happy holidays, drive safe friends.
Jeff

laughing at us. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. OK thanks for the reflections take your foot off the brake and gently roll into your adventure, all the best Wagoneer

And remember it is never completed because something will always need changed to better suit your needs. The perfect rig has get to be built.

YET and yes it's a work in progress. I need to emphasize the need to familiarize your use of tools. We like people asking for help Especially when they have tried, if they have not tried it gets old quick.

And once you think your through, you find some little thing that needs improving or added on to.

I always find it's just as much fun to work on and make things as it is using them... Wonderful, positive outlook. Best wishes right back at ya.

never ending saga of life I guess. smart to smile thru it all :)

I have heard it takes more muscles to smile than to frown and I do not like  to be wasteful, LOL

Famous last words! Now that I've been out here I've learned that the most important thing is everything you didn't think about or consider. Of course you don't realize out until you're out here! Crappy trails! Lol