Cubic mini malfunction

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjamin

Reaction score
So overall I am happy with the stove. I’ve had it for 3 months with no problems, but recently I got a bit lackadaisical with my flu cleaning schedule and didn’t clean it for about 2 weeks. This doesn’t really have anything to do with the problem. Fellow owners of this stove know that in order to clean the flu, you must first remove two plates that are mounted on the upper interior of the stove, exposing the chimney hole to let the kreosote fall through. The plates are held in place by two small screws. They must be loosened to remove the plates. Well, my screws have crumbled due to the heat and I can cant the plates out. This simple design flaw has crippled my stove. Consider this before buying the cubic mini. Any genius ideas to crank them plates out are appreciated.

Have you called the manufacturer? Sounds like they need to know about this. Hopefully they might have some info for fixing the problem.

The Dire Wolfess

Contacted cubic today, we’ll see what they say tomorrow. I’m curious if anybody else has had this problem. I can’t be the only one. Thanks for the reply ??❤️

I'd expect they'd warranty it for you... When I have a high heat application and need to disassemble in the future, I use stainless steel bolts with copper anti-seize paste. Stainless doesn't seize or crumble with heat. After they send you a replacement stove, put in some stainless screws and anti-seize right before you fire it up...