Cricket finally kicking me to the curb

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IGBT

Reaction score
I have been using Cricket $55 unlimited plan for 1.5 years.  Averaging about 90GB a month.

Now they say I am using hotspot without a hotspot plan but they don't offer a hotspot for my phone (only a few select phones are on their list)

They say reform or they give me the boot in 20 days.

So I am going to try Verizon above unlimited at $95 a month.  75GB unthrottled data and 20GB unthrottled hotspot, then 600kbit hotspot until the next month.

You guys getting $5 4g makes me a bit jealous but I need the speed for online trading.   Last week I pulled in $5,400 profit trading so I guess I shouldn't fret over $95 a month  :p

We will see if Verizon is better than Cricket.

I try to tell people that the carriers know but I do not often hear of them nailing someone.

The latest $5b 4G hotspot, the 7730L is kicking speeds as high as the 30's on a good signal. The less expensive 6620L will get up to the higher teens and occasionally into the 20's. Rarely have I seen a speed test lower than Crickets throttled speeds and where I am now AT&T doesn't support even that. It takes a directional antenna to lock in a LTE signal. otherwise I get 3 and 4G.

Testing the 7730L on the counter with no booster is showing 22.4 Mbps down, 7.2 Mbps up.

The 6620L is showing 15.6 down and 4.2 up.

In contrast the last time I checked the Mobley on the counter it was 4 down and 1.2 up. I will have to look what it did on LTE. Don't get me wrong here. On a good signal the Mobley is as fast as the 7730L.

Latest posts