considering this TT what do you think

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulj1966

Reaction score
I found this TT on craigslist i will enclose the link let me know what you think and if any one knows anything about this model or company
Thanks , Paul
 it doesnt seem to be a bad price either let me know thanks again...

mod edit, link removed see post #8

in the 5th picture: there looks like some staining along the wall and ceiling seam...looks like leak possibly :s

Yeah, with that stain, I would be be iffy, could be something simple, or it could be major.

"some"????? How they can call that excellent condition with the massive water leak shown is shocking...good eye Tav... that's terrible.

paulj1966 said:
I found this TT on craigslist i will enclose the link let me know what you think and if any one knows anything about this model or company

Fleetwood makes a decent trailer I suppose, and it seems well equipped. Just look it over well before you plunk your money down while making sure everything works, while checking closely for leaks. Speaking of which, the price ain't bad either. :)

tav-2020 said:
in the 5th picture: there looks like some staining along the wall and ceiling seam...looks like leak possibly :s
This had me look at the first picture and even with the quality of the image I see something on the outside of the stain, the corner near the top, that I'd want to inspect closely and in person.

Do you have the skills needed to fix stuff? Check for soft spots in the corners and around any water sources. Picture #5 does need further investigation. Make sure everything works properly. Check and/or repack the wheel bearings. Reseal the roof and head out. You'll figure out if anything else needs fixed soon enough.

I have too much experience with travel trailers. If there is a tiny dime sized spot of water stain then when you open the wall up you can be looking at major rot. Looking at that I'm assuming you will need to completely replace the whole end in that corner then re seal. Been there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motor and final drive ratio? Trailer brake controller?

I only ask because if the truck is not up to the job it might be best to find something smaller.

paulj1966 said:
Thanks , Paul
 it doesnt seem to be a bad price either let me know thanks again...

mod edit,  link removed see post #8
That is very similar to the TT I bought last year. My only advice would be to crawl under it and inspect the floor from below, esp in the corners. look for moisture and dry rot, and wet insulation. There is probably some sort of 'membrane' underneath, Check out some youtube videos on travel trailer leaks.  I would be a bit skeptical on that unladen weight they list. I recommend weighing it at a truck stop, or DOT scale, esp if you are towing with an F150, which is what we tow ours with and our trailer is a bit smaller, but the dry weight is more.

Latest posts