Completely unlimited & unthrottled mobile data

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optionsexplored

Reaction score
I found this mentioned on Reddit in the Skoolie forum. No idea how good they are or anything because I've never used it. 

It's called "unlimited to go" and basically you choose which network you want. Their plan "colors" line up with the major cell carrier colors. 

Anyone used them? For high data users it seems like a decent option,  but not cheap.

prices thru the roof on those if ya ask me :)

I think something like Dish or Directv with internet option is cheaper version, internet and tv cheaper than those prices but hey, could be option for someone who wants it!!

Wow! They REALLY play off of peoples fear of being throttled, don't they.

AT&T $100 a month

T-Mobile $140 a month

Verizon $180 a month

No Sprint

Verizon is great....kid uses up hers and hubbys hotspot mobile internet in a flash and then goes into throttle down and here I am posting on her hotspot at low res. and I do fine, videos still load (but slow etc) so even my low speed on V is great for the price

I recently suggested one of these plans for someone, they have been thrilled. There are places that are only Verizon just as there are places that are only AT&T. For me it's a trade off.

The thing to do is to either look before you buy to make sure that AT&T has service where you are and will want to be or make sure that you go where AT&T has service.

There's 2 of us so I'm thinking one of each in our case. 

Are you referring to the original link or the eBay thing I just posted?

/\ Just FYI, pretty sure this is illegal. How illegal? Well, you wouldn't download a house right?(I freaking would!). Anyways...

optionsexplored said:
There's 2 of us so I'm thinking one of each in our case. 

Are you referring to the original link or the eBay thing I just posted?

I was referring to the ebay/AT&T deal for $34.99 a month.

Wabbit said:
/\ Just FYI, pretty sure this is illegal. How illegal? Well, you wouldn't download a house right?(I freaking would!). Anyways...

why is it illegal? Sounds like she is using a router and paid AT&T service. And I misunderstanding it?

There are legit resellers of data and not so legit. You would need to ask the seller how it is set up.

Sofisintown said:
I have a Mofi router for about a year now, for which I  pay $60.00 a month and it is really unlimited. The router was about $300 and that was  a bit steep, but while I  right now use it at home , I can take it anywhere with me and have connection.
It piggy-backs on AT&T cell signal, so if there is AT&T cell signal you have internet. No problems so far. I found it from a YouTube video from a guy who has a link in his description for a discount.
Here is the MoFi site if anyone cares to know more;
https://mofinetwork.com/
Cheers!

How is your coverage with this? I'm considering it but we plan to be away from people quite a bit so I'm trying to decide between something like this and weboost. I don't really want to spend the $ on both.

The mentioned service is a prepaid service which means that you will have service on native at&t towers. It will not roam as the post paid plans do. This is why they are cheaper.

Weboost is a total other animal. It is a cell signal booster meaning that you have to have a cell device to boost the signal on.

If you pan on being in the boonies away from cities, you will probably need both. I have an at&t Mobley and a verizon hotspot (and a verizon phone) as postpaid plans so they roam. I also have a weboost cradle and a high gain directional antenna so I can be farther away from civilization and still have a usable signal.

B and C said:
The mentioned service is a prepaid service which means that you will have service on native at&t towers.  It will not roam as the post paid plans do.  This is why they are cheaper.

Weboost is a total other animal.  It is a cell signal booster meaning that you have to have a cell device to boost the signal on.

If you pan on being in the boonies away from cities, you will probably need both.  I have an at&t Mobley and a verizon hotspot (and a verizon phone) as postpaid plans so they roam.  I also have a weboost cradle and a high gain directional antenna so I can be farther away from civilization and still have a usable signal.

I guess I am wondering if the transmit power from that router and antenna would be similar to the weboost or perhaps a different external antenna for the router? Phone service doesn't matter, but data does.

A add on antenna can improve your signal but not nearly as much as a booster will. That said, I am always out in the boonies and rarely need my booster.

A external antenna may help but not nearly as much as a booster will. That said, I am always out in the boonies and rarely find the need for a booster.

I use the booster a lot more than I thought I would. When you need it, there is nothing else.

sometimes a decent directional antennae will pick up a distant signal and provide good service where with a standard antennae you wont even see enough signal for a booster to boost. i run with a weboost and an external omni antennae most all the time while driving. but often when i set up camp way back in the booster has nothing to boost yet i can often break out and set up my big directional antennae and pick up a good enough signal i can shut down the booster to conserve electric while camped

RoamerRV428 said:
prices thru the roof on those if ya ask me :)

I think something like Dish or Directv with internet option is cheaper version, internet and tv cheaper than those prices but hey, could be option for someone who wants it!!

Okay, I went to the Unlimited To Go website and yes, it's expensive. But would it be faster then Dish or DirectTV? I talk to Dish about Internet and they told me (off the record) it's not much faster then dial-up. That it's made for people that have no other choice. My wife does graphics from home and can use up-to a gigabyte per day for work. We have a Verizon Jet Pack, but using that much data is just too much $$$. It's cheaper to just buy more data for her phone and use it as a hot spot.

The lack of Internet would keep us from going on the road and I wonder if Unlimited To Go could be a solution, even if you had to make sure you camped in a location that had coverage for the work week.

Latest posts