Complete booster set up for under $200

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TexasTuff said:
Can I put a hotspot in this cradle as well as a phone?

Thanks

Sorry that I did not see this earlier. You can put either a phone or a hotspot in the cradle. Sometimes I put multiple devices in.

jimindenver said:
If not I would think there will be a new batch of refurbished cradles soon enough. This isn't the first time the refurbished units have run out.

I've been watching ebay and none of the ones I want show up of course.  However, as you said they are back up and available on March 22.  I just bought one and I'll get the rest of the set up next month.  The same link again.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015YALL9E/

I just got one too and I see it came with a little antenna. Is that a non usable antenna?

It's usable but for what I want to do it would barely work. I'm mimicking Jim because his set up has proven to work in some pretty internet reluctant places. I doubt you'll pull in a tower from 40 miles away with that itty bitty thang and that could be the difference between having interwebs or not during the RTR or other tower use heavy times.

The little antenna functions. It is meant to use the roof of your vehicle as a ground plane. I use mine on the roof of the Expedition while on the road. It can provide a boost just not the same as the larger omni-directional or especially the directional antenna. There have been times when users of the mini antenna got nothing while I had a great signal with the directional. Should you not have a metal roof to stick it to, use a metal cookie sheet secured up there.

Thanks Headache and Jim. We have half a dozen things we are updating right now and that’s on the list.

If you get a directional antenna do you have to move it around all the time? Is it that much better than the omnidirectional one?

We stayed out for awhile in Quartzsite but are mostly on the move. I dunno if I want to have to move an antenna around a lot.

You will have to find the tower in relation to your new location. It is rare that I have to move the antenna to different towers for the different services. The Rockies were the worse with each service needing the antenna to be pointed in a different direction. The omni directional never needs to be adjusted but in not nearly as effective nor can it force the hotspot off of a congested tower and onto another.

My precious....I got my cradle yesterday! I'll try it in the new location and see how things go. I gotta watch those videos so I can figure out that cell tower app.

Just remember to unplug it because it can pull a amp or more. Also if you are heading to Prescott that I could not get Sprint in the hills but then again I was in a hole only able to see away from town.

Okay Jim dear you must be busy. The cable link is no longer good. My cell service is spotty where I'm at right now so when I get into a better signal area tomorrow I'll look it up again.

Yes it would. It is one of three that I listed in the AT&T thread.

I know it's a little more expensive but, is it better to get the Wilson Yagi Antenna (900 MHz)
SKU: 301111 to use with the Sleek?

I got the weboost drive, will the antenna listed speed up my connection? I have some issues with video and some sites.

mistydawn1274 said:
I know it's a little more expensive but, is it better to get the Wilson Yagi Antenna (900 MHz)
SKU: 301111 to use with the Sleek?

No, that is only for low bands. Get the wide band directional antenna listed in thread.

Primal1 said:
I got the weboost drive, will the antenna listed speed up my connection? I have some issues with video and some sites.

Which weBoost drive? The cradle or RV version?

The directional antenna listed in the thread can drastically improve signal and speed.

Think this is not available in a cradle. All sold out for 4G version ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts