community opinion needed.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a good looking van. Not too many miles. Reasonable price. you are doing the right thing..taking it to a mechanic. Good luck. I hope it gets two thumbs up from the mechanic.

I hope the mechanic finds that it is the right van for you. Good luck tomorrow:) Jan

The tires, while having lots of tread, could be old, and old tires can be dangerous especially when the owner sees all the tread left and takes confidence from that.

Learn/google how to read the DOT date code, and if they are over 5 years old or approaching that timespan, it is a price bargaining tool.

Tell the mechanic you are concerned about the transmission. If it looks like the tranny had recent servicing, then it might be the reason the van is for sale, as servicing is usually done too late, and only after the owner notices abnormal shifting. When servicing does not help, they know it is time to turn it into someone elses problem and put it up for sale.

Best of luck to you.

The Ethiopian man: looks like a really nice van, but might be over price a bit according to Kelly Blue Book.

If you want to run the numbers, here's the website: http://www.kbb.com/

light trip said:
looks like a really nice van, but might be over price a bit according to Kelly Blue Book.

yeah, but that's simply a starting point to open negotiations.

Yeah...double check the tires and trans.

other then that, it looks pretty nice for the money. Good Luck!!

Thank u everyone with your input and I really appreciated. To update what happen today , the mechanic that I trust and do a really good job was very busy today so he will do the inspection Monday morning and the owner of the van agreed. I will let u know happen then. Tha KS.

It looks really nice! Good luck for the mechanical check. Keeping the good thoughts for you! :)

Thank u Sweetmarie. I hope the owner keep his word and did not sell the van for someone else?. I will find out today when I call him to remind of the appointment tomorrow.

Best wishes and take a small tarp so you and your mechanic can inspect without drowning in this rain!

The Ethiopian man said:
I hope the owner keep his word and did not sell the van for someone else?.

I hope so too. That's what happened to me last week. What a bummer. But you don't want to take a gamble on it not being mechanically sound. Good for you for not letting your excitement get the better of you. Was it as nice as you thought it would be based on the pics?

Good luck tomorrow. Let us know.

GypsyChic