Committed or trying it out?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100% full-time even though my van is not finished. Lifetime of wanting to live this and now at almost 60, I made the choice. It's amazing how many people think I am crazy for wanting to live "in a van!" As they say. Lol Hell ya = Freedom

The ships and briges have been burned !

Full time for two plus years.
Just me and my two tiny dogs, happily on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hubby and I were full time in a Lance slide in truck camper until he got ill. We moved back to my grandparents farm and he passed, then 21 days later my mom passed. Now I'm sorting through 5 generations of stuff. Sold the Lance, moved into my parent's Class C and still sorting. I take off for a week or two here and there and hope to be totally sorted and sifted by the end of September when I head south east. It will be nice to be able to continue my trips going in whatever direction I choose.

I guess at this portion I'm part-timer with full time in sight again.

Roaming_Raven said:
I guess at this portion I'm part-timer with full time in sight again.

I would consider you full time as you are living in a class C. Just because you are working hard with your family stuff and not as mobile doesn't mean you aren't a full timer. At least that's how I see it. It really doesn't make a difference who you are as an individual, but it is interesting to hear other people's living methods. Sometimes they are quite sad as is yours, but I sure welcome you sharing.

Canine
<snip>Sometimes they are quite sad as is yours, but I sure welcome you sharing.

I am 'camping' in the driveway.  It's all coming together as it should.

Full-time traveler x 3 1/2 years without S&B backup. Van x 3 yrs, now 5th wheel, NF camping mostly.

The Dire Wolfess

Full time since 2012,  RVs & vans. In an RV right now but I'm thinking about a home base somewhere..

I have some stuff in storage that I am selling off but other than that I sold the house/contents and business to retire and move into my travel trailer 1/1/17.

frater secessus said:
...there's a good chance I will be full-time in it by September.

Update: I went FT mid-month. I sold the big stuff (truck, motorcycle, tractor) and a few smaller items (home gym, treadmill, guitar, some guns), then donated the rest to friends/family and a local thrift that supports a food pantry

Everything I own is in the van. It's a bit overpacked, but I ran out of time due to the short timeframe: I accepted the job and had 3wks to arrive for duty 700mi away. :)

I've been getting rid of stuff as I find duplicates, stuff that doesn't fit my new use patterns, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Latest posts