Comfortable folding chair?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BelgianPup

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a folding chair that's actually comfortable?  (And not too expensive.)

I have two. One is like the one in Cammalo's post. I like it because its rated for 400 lbs and is very sturdy. It folds up thinner, storage in the van is easier, and it sets up easier. The other one folds out like a lawn chair and it provides leg support and is very comfortable. Sort of like a recliner in that it supports me in a reclined position. It's heavier, thicker than the other chair when closed up, and is a little harder to set up. Each has their benefits and troubles. I use the first one more because it sets up better on unlevel ground while the second requires a level surface.

After having chairs and trying other chairs I ended up with a webbed, aluminum frame lawn chair. Easy to get in and out of and comfortable for me. I bet those expensive zero gravity chairs are nice though.

wanderingsoul said:
After having chairs and trying other chairs I ended up with a webbed, aluminum frame lawn chair.  Easy to get in and out of and comfortable for me.  I bet those expensive zero gravity chairs are nice though.

I'll never be without one again!

Attachments

• char.jpg
    char.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 2
^^^ They went up in price $10 since I got mine a couple months ago.

^^^ the really good old ones had aluminum arms and were bolted together with self locking nuts and the webs were replaceable as the metal retainers had screws. There were not any rivets used. I gave up on mine when before the internet I could not find cheap replacement webbing kits, although it may still be stuffed in the corner in the storage barn!

I went to a Patio and Outdoor store and tried out a ton of chairs, found one or two that were comfortable (to me), marked down the make and model.  I then searched the internet, waited until after July 4 (when outdoor stuff generally goes on sale) to purchase.

Comfort is a personal thing; you need to try them out for yourself.  I ended up with something similar to what bagabum showed except with solid material instead of weave.  Paid about $12.

Bullfrog I recently saw one of those webbing kits somewhere. Guess they aren’t all gone.

^^^ Now I'm retired the kids will have an antique to restore as anything I can buy has to come complete and functional with out involving that work word. LOL!!!

this is me.  what I love.  best of both worlds from sit to lounge.

Attachments

• th (4).jpg
    th (4).jpg
    5 KB · Views: 80
+1 for Strongback Elite. That was my main camp chair during my year of full timing.

just got a new ALPS chair I mentioned above
omg so great

high back rest so your head is super supported with adjusting straps to figure for your back how ya like it

big chair and nice seat

only 1 darn drink holder, wish both arms had it

removeable!! foot rest and adjustable.....so chair if only you need it and foot rest to add when ya want it and....

boy the darn thing is super comfortable! I am in heaven with it :) :) I got what suits me on this new order again

highdesertranger said:
I have never had a chair with plastic pieces last.  Maybe a year two at the most,  then into the dumpster.  Now-a-days I use this style,

Highdesertranger
yea hubby bought one you linked but in truth it was the chair no one liked....of course my group LOL andfound it super uncomfortable BUT KEY ISSUE for each of us is what is it gonna be used for and my goal is always a 'beach lounge chair' in my life and my plastic type chair pieces have lastes easily 10 yrs plus....gave away a chair with a few plastic pieces only cause I wanted new and diff. so to this level I say BUY TRULY what suits your purpose as a person and we all know what we love and how we wanna roll while relaxing in a camp chair :)

Latest posts