Quick bed/chair for suv?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickJ

Reaction score
Anyone think to use one of these? Thinking starting out in my Telluride without removing seats, not a ton of room even with them folding down.
Thinking of a shakedown trip of a couple days ansure about fit or comfort
E818B909-148F-40C6-9F7D-D4AF4E75A89D.png

I bought a tri-fold and had to return it. It never poofed up to the 4" it advertised as. Mav (on youtube) uses one and IIRC he links to it on Amazon. Somewhere in this forum I posted a pic of the one I bought.

looks cool but I know I am one of those who can't stand the 'crack' in it and it is like the princess and the pea for me on something like that....but if you can do it, yea seems like a fab option for sure.

Welcome to the forum Rick! For info on the forum please read over the Tips, Tricks, and Rules when you get the chance.

Years ago we had a tri-fold mattress that we used in the bed of our pickup. It was comfortable but I'm not sure how well it would work on a surface that isn't flat.

I have one of those in my minivan with lots of blankets. It's pretty comfortable and fits great on a cot I got from Amazon too. Now I mostly use the cot as a shelf and store Sterlite totes of stuff under it and some gear on top tied down with bungi cords. I am a noob at this so don't go by me, LOL but it seems like it works well.

I have a 4" one I sleep on every night in my motorhome. It is on a flat platform and I have another 2" thick piece of foam on top. After a year it is starting to be uncomfortable, the side (even with the twin) I sleep on mostly is flattening out. I'd get the 6" if I go that way again, and I might need to sooner than later. I'd rather spend the $100 every year than spend lots on a 'regular' mattress and have it get lumpy after a year.

I have something similar, but it has a mechanism to hold one end up as a lounger. I live in an Odyssey and the bed is on top of lidded storage cubes. I find it's a comfortable enough bed considering I didn't want a traditional mattress or camping cot set up.

Anyone think to use one of these? Thinking starting out in my Telluride without removing seats, not a ton of room even with them folding down.
Thinking of a shakedown trip of a couple days ansure about fit or comfort
View attachment 33346
I bought a 6-in tri-fold and I'm very happy with it! I can fold it up and have more floor space during the day!