Coleman Hot Water On Demand

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes I have one. works great. it's a complete system you just add propane. I run mine off a bulk tank. you can get a shower adaptor for it(sold separately). post up any questions and I will try to answer them. highdesertranger

Thanks for the reply, I was looking at getting one. Looks like it can save some money and a LOT of time for heating water VS heating on the water on the stove, and for showers and thermos meals. You have a restriction valve on yours to slow the water flow down a bit?

well it runs off it's own little water pump so it is self regulating. the dial on the front controls how hot you want the water, the hotter you turn the dial the slower the water comes out so it stays in the heat exchanger longer. the one thing I wish it had was a heater shut off if you stop the water flow at the shower head, this would save a lot water. highdesertranger

I just read the questions and reviews.  The reviews say 2 stars, but the list of reviews tells a different story. (love it or hate it) $200 for a disposable water heater.  Also read the Q & A for some eye opening answers...