Cloudy :( need sunshine

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeRuth

Reaction score
Didn't ever think I would say this about sunny Southern California..Where's the sun? My batteries are down to 12.4 and dropping. 

Actually enjoying this unusual tropics like weather.

A lady friend just sent this from central Florida. Its been like this for 5 days there. She said van dwelling in Florida sucks this time of year.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1435871235519.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1435871235519.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 3
That's why I prefer charging while driving, and a backup generator. No need to worry about sunshine and I can park in the shade.

I have the ability to charge while driving. But I must drive it LOL, and as I know not everyone reads all of my posts here.
My van is parked during the week while I drive my lower cost Chevy HHR for work. I have 110 available if I the solar can't do the job, but hey for a few days with light clouds, a bit of sun, I'm good. In fact yesterday the clouds did clear off soon and the solar happily fed electrons at the rate of 11 amps for quite some time. This mornings resting voltage was 12.8 :)

And I'm not really complaining. The OP was just a bit of fun. And with that, I'm looking at an absolutely clear sky and lots of sunshine today coming along.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Mike R

im still getting enough charge since usage is low but here wv its rained or been cloudy for like 30 days straight. lol i have mixed feelings, but going with happy i can sleep in relative coolness (well a couple days got up to 90 somehow..talk about nasty humidity).