Clothing Optional Locations?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maki2 said:
The Olympic hot springs in Washington State, a series of shallow pools in a natural state. Well natural meaning it is not part of the Sol Duc Hot springs resort. But over the years people have increased the size of the pools by piling rocks up around them. It is part of the Olympic National Park, they know there is frequent nudity and don't condone but are realistic about that is will be happening despite that official statement. I have not heard tales of the rangers hassling people about it but I am not a regular there.

At present the parking at the trailhead is washed out. That will make it more difficult to get there.
Here is a website with a photo and descriptions of the hike in to get there.
https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/olympic-hot-springs
Right up the road from me, guess where we are going soon. Clothing optional on my property in Montana if anyone ever visits it or can find it lol. Cooking and power tools naked isn’t bad, neither is shooting off the porch with your partner too. Damn I hope I will die with that memory in my head hopefully.

as far as I know there is no federal law against nudity. at least in the past there wasn't, I don't know if that has changed. now there are federal laws against lewd behavior and the such, where you can't have sex in public. but sitting naked in a hot spring of federal land is fine. highdesertranger

Nice info to know, saves me asking. Will be heading for the RTR, but knowing of an area reserved will be nice, as time allows....I'm volunteering (clothed, no doubt) but there will be time off, I'd imagine.
Larry
Aliner, Jeep and me.

If you're around the Southeast Texas coastline, go South to Sabine Pass, hook a right on 87 and drive till you pass the state park to where 87 runs into the Gulf of Mexico, it's washed out from here westward until High Island, about 22 miles. If you turn left, East, you'll run into a nude beach, or there was one. I haven't been down there in a year, or so, I don't go that far, have my own private spot. Besides, at my age, no one wants to see me naked.

I just finished a conversation in the following thread I posted in yesterday you might find interesting that deals with this very area. I have pictures and descriptions. It's a really private stretch from an area I stay at about 11 miles East of High Island and to the state park at Sabine Pass. I started on the page where I show up.

https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=37317&page=3

highdesertranger said:
as far as I know there is no federal law against nudity.  at least in the past there wasn't,  I don't know if that has changed.  now there are federal laws against lewd behavior and the such,  where you can't have sex in public.  but sitting naked in a hot spring of federal land is fine.  highdesertranger
Many National Parks have rules against nudity, as well as "contaminating" their hot springs.  In some states, federal law enforcement can (at their discretion) enforce state laws.

It depends on where you are and if anyone in the area complains. To my knowledge there are no federal laws against nudity but there are several laws that can be applied if there are children or parents that complain as well as plain old creating a disturbance.

Cajunwolf said:
If you're around the Southeast Texas coastline, go South to Sabine Pass, hook a right on 87 and drive till you pass the state park to where 87 runs into the Gulf of Mexico, it's washed out from here westward until High Island, about 22 miles. If you turn left, East, you'll run into a nude beach, or there was one. I haven't been down there in a year, or so, I don't go that far, have my own private spot. Besides, at my age, no one wants to see me naked.

I just finished a conversation in the following thread I posted in yesterday you might find interesting that deals with this very area. I have pictures and descriptions. It's a really private stretch from an area I stay at about 11 miles East of High Island and to the state park at Sabine Pass. I started on the page where I show up.

https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=37317&page=3
You can also go past High Island on Hwy 124 and hook a left instead of a right on Hwy 87 after a mile there is a sign warning no nudity past the post and it starts from there eastbound towards where you are talking about. My family owns property in Roll Over pass or what’s left of it, hope to be mine soon.

@Weldman

Interesting, I have cousins south of Winnie, y'all probably know each other, big landowners too. Roll Over Pass, sweet! Yeah, I'd like to have that also, good luck! That sign has been there for years, and if you go back there, you know no one pays it any mind. I'm not a nudist, don't care, and as mentioned, I go to the old ARCO base and camp for a week. Not many ventures that far from west to east, and I've yet seen anyone come from the east.

Bluebonnet Nudist Park in Alvord, TX (near Decatur). They have two pools, sauna, hot tub, tennis courts, nature trails and a clubhouse. Potluck dinner and Karaoke Saturday nights. There is a "Bare As You Dare" 5k race in the fall that folks come to from all over the country. Dances, parties, games...

Though they are a really friendly lot, always ready to help (whether it's to help you fix your rig or help you drink your beer... ), but not really a place for living in solitude though... there is a tight-knit community of permanent residents there, the kind of community where if you don't show up for dinner, someone knocks on your door to make sure you are alright, fund raisers held for members in need. Lovely community, lovely people. Family-friendly (lots of naked kids in the pool in the summer, a nudist youth group meets there frequently and a nudist Christian organization has an annual even there).

Not free.

There are also Wildwood park, not far from Bluebonnet Nudist Park, and Purple Peacock in Palestine, TX. The latter is a nudist swingers resort, not family-friendly.

"also don't fry bacon nekked! it hurts"
Where do you get nekked bacon?

Wow - I'm not going to any of these places. I look so bad naked that I close my eyes as a pass the bathroom mirror when I leave the shower. You all heard that song - "I don't look good naked anymore"? Well I never looked good naked. I did have an interesting situation when I almost got arrested for being naked on the beach at Rehoboth Beach Delaware; but they found out I did have swim trunks on, but my belly is so large that it hung down and covered them.

nature lover said:
"Wow -  I'm not going to any of these places.  I look so bad naked that I close my eyes as a pass the bathroom mirror when I leave the shower. "

At least at the nudist resort where we are members, there are no beauty queens/kings and no one cares if you sag or jiggle.  The friendliest, least judgmental community I know of.  I'm a nearly 54yo overweight lady with heart surgery scars and shingles scars, and wasn't "all that" to start out with ... my friends there love me anyway.    I'm more comfortable in my own skin since we started in the nudist lifestyle four years ago.

I have,in the past, frequented such places.I finally got tired of being laughed at and quit going.

LoveCareThinkDo said:
"Is it very crowded much of the time? I'm not necessarily looking to hang out with a bunch of other naked people. Mostly, I just want to be naked if I want to and not get in trouble or freak anyone out."

"Is the landscape there (in the Magic Circle area) very pretty or interesting? Or is it just flat desert all over?"

The Magic Circle is quite large, plenty of room to spread out. Some people cluster near the "big tent" but others find spots further away. I have been both social and reclusive here, prefer the latter. Park near the periphery with your awning and doors facing away from nearby campers and nobody will see you. Even where there are other campers nobody will freak out, they will probably be naked also.

It is flat with shallow washes running through it. A scattering of saguaros and some nice palo verdes and mesquites along the washes. Not the most spectacular desert, but still beautiful. Great sunsets and sunrises.

If you get comfortable with the nudist experience after a while you should try the trail that circles around the area. A great feeling of freedom going out for an hour-long walk wearing nothing but shoes and sunscreen!

I’ve always wanted to “hang out” at a nudist resort. I know it’s an old one but I couldn’t resist.

Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sofisintown said:
It probably does.  Wearing a bag over the head even better.
>>>I hope you guys will still be out there somewhere, so I will have a destination.

Ok, I poached this last from the other thread. However, I am sure the Magic Circle people will welcome you ... with open arms ... whether yer wearing a mask or not, Sophia. Warm bodies are always nice, if yer nekkud in the desert in the winter.

Ken in Anaheim - I think that might depend upon where you wear the mask. I have seen some women who wear less material than the mask I wear. They call that Victoria’s Secret but I’ve seen Victoria and she doesn’t have any secrets.