Clip the Chips

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a ton of those and use them for closing tight near every bag, of whatever, I open. ..Willy.

Good tip, Jay.

As to where to buy them, in my city they're carried by Dollar Tree...I think 8 for a buck.

I use rubber bands. Lots and lots of rubber bands. Prefer the thicker stronger quality so they don't snap and break. Works well for my half eaten potato chip bags. Now if I can just remember to finish the half empty bag without buying new bags all the time! :D:p

I don't believe I've ever 'not finished' a bag of potato chips but I could see how they might come in handy if brussels sprouts ever came in a similar bag.

In my 20s, I could down an entire huge bag of chips in one sitting, especially Funyuns chips and pork rind chips. Yes, I really ate that stuff! Must be a sign of old age for me to put away half the bag nowadays, haha!

I buy medium sized Binder Clips (96 Total Clips for $4.82) at Sam's Club. We use them to clip closed many bags, hold a calanger onto the refrigerator using rare earth magnets, hold electrical cords out of the way (hook "loop" over a tiny cup hook), hold the king sized quilt that covers our huge front windshield (hook "loop" over a tiny cup hook), hold our "curtains" (bath towels) up over our windows (hook "loop" over a tiny cup hook). Also use them to clip together old recipe books that are falling apart. Use them to bind paper together to make notepads. Binder Clips are VERY handy.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kevindanger/54-uses-for-binder-clips-that-will-change-your-lif-555z

I'll add: securing a reflective tarp to one side of your tent so the rising sun doesn't turn it into a sauna before 8AM, creating a tarp 'lean to' or improvised shade on the side of your van, securing bead or braidwork in progress, clamping newly glued items... heck, any number of things, both in and out of the kitchen. I keep several of different sizes in my bugout bag because they have so many uses.

Forgot to add using them to clip to a book to mark your place or hold the book open to a specific page. I have used them to keep my atlas pages from flipping when traveling (a binder clip on each side keeps the wind from flipping the pages)

All good ideas...I find uses for 'em all the time.
Hang a throw rug on the line for a beating or hose down.

Check out #52 on Unchained's link....cool bike shoes :D

great thread. I love those clips too. I find all kinds of uses for them after reading this I have a few more ideas. a good one I do is clip things to my dash. notes, small flashlights, pens, etc. highdesertranger

I don't remember the last time I bought a bag of chips. I end up going for nuts lately. (I wonder what Freud would say?)

Latest posts