Class A Dumping in WM parking lot

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MrNoodly said:
I've seen several RVs driving along with gray water running out. Is that a thing now?

Fresh water tank, Yes!

Gray water tank, No!

Gadget728 said:
I'm 400 miles closer to home after leaving the RTR this morning and I'm in a walmart parking lot in Gallup NM watching some jerk dump his tanks on the parking lot. He saw me watching him, and I'm half tempted to turn him in. I'm really not the tattle tale type, so unless they saw him do it on camera, he'll get away with it, JERK OFF!!

Wasn't the low temperature forecast for Gallup NM on the 21st and 22nd in the teens, with the wind chill temperatures dropping?

The owner was likely draining off the fresh water tank, so it wouldn't freeze up.

Hopefully the owner drained the tank in an area that didn't cause a slip hazard should the water freeze.

Optimistic Paranoid said:
While I'm not advocating anyone do anything illegal, I do have to wonder.  Given the gasoline, diesel, anti-freeze, oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, etc. that leaks onto a concrete roadway, is a little gray water - essentially, used bathwater with a little left over soap in it - really any kind of problem?

my understanding is that it can be a problem for motorcyclists

"... really any kind of problem?"

Think about people doing it on your front porch. It is not a LAW that you must be a pig. And that's probably one of the reasons why so many WMs no longer accept overnighters.