Chevy Express / Swivel Passenger Seat Question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerD

Reaction score
Could someone with a chevy express / swivel passenger seat tell me how much room is need between the driver's seat and passenger seat to be able to turn it around?

I want to mount a box that is about 15 inches or so wide and curious if I do it, will the seat still be able to be turned around.

I tried just mounting the passenger seat of my Express facing backwards. It would only fit with the seat back uncomfortably upright because of the dash and windshield. But maybe I didn't do something right. You might want to give that a try before committing to a swivel. Or you could measure from the center of the seat (or where you guess it would be) to the rear corner of the seat, then take that number and measure from the center of the seat to the space between the seats to see if you're left with enough room.

I built a low box to go between the seats. The seats swivel over the top and I still have easy access to the back. The box has a lift up and slide off top so I can put my feet on it to go from front to back.

Latest posts