Check it out?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaunt Dusk

Reaction score
I got my rig outfitted finally after spending about a thousand plus dollars on getting the vehicle up and in tip top condition (or fixing anything I care about at least) I now have put STUFF inside of it and it looks lovely. i bought her in the summer and it took me forever to get her ready, but she's finally comfy cozy, even managed to find a futon short enough to fit in between the wheel wells, it folds two ways too, turning it into a loveseat or a couch, best bed ever. The furniture is just a closet organizer and obviously one of those cube things. I feel like such a good organizer, and thankfully I'd been cutting down forever. Soon I'll live in her full time but right now I've 'moved" downstairs to sleep on my roommates couch and just pay the net bill and electric bill while she rents out my room. This lets me have access to internet and I can recharge my two emergency batteries whenever I want. I'm just using the two to use my laptops anyway.

Then when everything's all set up, I go on the road.... to Austin..... Then I can be a student in a van. I'm gonna have to save up for some solar panels and proper batteries (Air conditioning is a must over there), but my situation right now is cool.

Attachments

• 20150304_140914.jpg
    20150304_140914.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
  • 20150304_140931.jpg
    20150304_140931.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
I'm gonna ask, any other pics showing this layout a little better? Love the close rod. I'm about to start squeezing stuff in and looking for ideas.

Mike

LeeRevell said:
Uh........   invert the pics.....?

I know it sounds weird but when you click on the pictures, it corrects the pictures. They also aren't upside down in the files themselves. I'm uncertain as to what is causing that.

Also, what are you talking about? I didn't use text speak. A cursory glance over my post didn't reveal any overt errors to me.

I'll be sure to take some better pictures soon, or at least more, my resolution won't raise.

GD, the stuff about text speak is in LeeRevell's signature, so it shows up in everything he posts.

Your set up looks good.

Do you have pictures of the futon in couch and love seat positions?

Congratulations!

I wondered why it didn't show up in the post. Can't believe I didn't notice the horizontal ruler.
Unfortunately I'm drying my clothes, so you can see the corner of my clothes rack, the heater is helping dry it. 
Also, I reached the photo limit, so one moment. Second post. Sorry.
Also, I swear these look right when i upload them.

Attachments

• 20150305_162909.jpg
    20150305_162909.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • 20150305_162926.jpg
    20150305_162926.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
  • 20150305_163026.jpg
    20150305_163026.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • 20150305_163500.jpg
    20150305_163500.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
  • 20150305_163536.jpg
    20150305_163536.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
And I even mounted one of my drawings in between the shelves with velcro. The pokedolls just spruce up the place. Nice, right? I like it, if only one hand wasn't on fire so i could knit or game or draw, because I was dumb and burned  it on the camping stove, trying to close it up after use. (I'm gonna wait for it to cool next time, thank goodness for cold windows and wet, cold laundry. 

Attachments

• 20150305_163732.jpg
    20150305_163732.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • 20150305_164056.jpg
    20150305_164056.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • 20150305_164103.jpg
    20150305_164103.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 20150305_164257.jpg
    20150305_164257.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • 20150305_163607.jpg
    20150305_163607.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
Gaunt Dusk said:
...Also, what are you talking about? I didn't use text speak. A cursory glance over my post didn't reveal any overt errors to me...

I found this mix up funny lol, but then I felt bad for laughing because it prob confused you a bit. Anyways, at least now you know the risk you run if you ever do happen to use "text speak". It looks like you fit quite a bit into your van, do you tie some of it down when driving? That one pic on the wall is pretty neat too, the one with the sword.

Cry said:
I found this mix up funny lol, but then I felt bad for laughing because it prob confused you a bit. Anyways, at least now you know the risk you run if you ever do happen to use "text speak". It looks like you fit quite a bit into your van, do you tie some of it down when driving? That one pic on the wall is pretty neat too, the one with the sword.

No, I put it on the floor or turn it on the side, or I'm supposed to anyway.

Gaunt Dusk said:
I know it sounds weird but when you click on the pictures, it corrects the pictures. They also aren't upside down in the files themselves. I'm uncertain as to what is causing that.

Also, what are you talking about? I didn't use text speak. A cursory glance over my post didn't reveal any overt errors to me.

I'll be sure to take some better pictures soon, or at least more, my resolution won't raise.

On my laptop, the pics remain inverted.
The sig line is a general info kinda thing.  Trying to reduce the number of posters I need to 'pit'......  ;)
I just don't tolerate 'failed English' well........   it's not you. 

Looks pretty good, but I think I'd get some of the dollar store hammocks to use for cargo nets to insure everything in/on the cabinets stays put.

If your local dollar store doesn't have them, I think they're like $4.95 at Walmart. Just the cheapest ones work fine.

and I was going to ask how you mounted the ice chest to the roof. highdesertranger

Gaunt Dusk

I asked a roommate for burn medicine after burning myself one time. They didn't have any but suggested I try a home remedy, toothpaste. I tried it and it instantly took the pain away! I've learned over the years that it has to be paste, not jell: it has to be put on shortly after the incident (it may be too late for you now but worth a try): in the 1st 48 hrs. it needs to be reapplied as needed, even with a bandage on to prevent it from rubbing off you'll need to reapply after it gets wet. Play around with the instructions, a variant may work better for you. I'd suggest that if you get pain relief prior to the 48 hr. mark & pain comes back when you stop applying after 48 hrs., just keep applying for the relief. If all have been done you won't get a blister! Great huh, no pain no blister! 

Best of luck!

thanks for the additional pictures. See you in a high top, Damn I miss mine.
Mike

highdesertranger said:
and I was going to ask how you mounted the ice chest to the roof.  highdesertranger

I'm a wizard.

Thankfully the burn has stopped hurting and I've been putting aloe vera on it and keeping it cool. I can still tell where it is though.

I'll keep the hammocks in mind, although I'm going to use the velcro to mount the statue on the dashboard or on the wall. I'd prefer on the wall but I don't think that would hold. The velcro has a 3 lb limit.

Gaunt Dusk said:
I got my rig outfitted finally after spending about a thousand plus dollars on getting the vehicle up and in tip top condition (or fixing anything I care about at least) I now have put STUFF inside of it and it looks lovely. i bought her in the summer and it took me forever to get her ready, but she's finally comfy cozy, even managed to find a futon short enough to fit in between the wheel wells, it folds two ways too, turning it into a loveseat or a couch, best bed ever. The furniture is just a closet organizer and obviously one of those cube things. I feel like such a good organizer, and thankfully I'd been cutting down forever. Soon I'll live in her full time but right now I've 'moved" downstairs to sleep on my roommates couch and just pay the net bill and electric bill while she rents out my room. This lets me have access to internet and I can recharge my two emergency batteries whenever I want. I'm just using the two to use my laptops anyway.

Then when everything's all set up, I go on the road.... to Austin..... Then I can be a student in a van. I'm gonna have to save up for some solar panels and proper batteries (Air conditioning is a must over there), but my situation right now is cool.

What a great plan. It looks like a good place for life and studies.

Thanks all, I actually learned something though. Perhaps you already knewthis but uuh... don't dry your clothes you hand washed in your van unless it's summertime. THe windows all fogged up and then started acruing more condensation and froze overnight.... I'm a genius. THe worst kind of genius. THe sarcastic kind. Seriously, I'm a moron.

I'm sure this would have been fine in the summer (although I'm gonna use a laundromat on the road) because I could keep all the windows open at once so all the condensation would have gone outside. In the winter when you need to keep bundled up, I regret my mistake. Thankfully it's warming up with the morning and the ice is melting. Even if it's not fully melted by work time, it's gonna be easy to scrap off.

Also, after liberal applications of aloe vera, my hand has stopped hurting. There's a visible mark, but it's gonna heal fine. I kept pressing my hand against the freezing cold window when the pain started up. I'm also going to invest in a fucking pair of oven mittens, which it occurs to me I've never had my own pair because roommates.

Hopefully I won't melt to death when I get to Austin. I guess I'll have to stick to the shade in the short term and stay inside libraries (and school when I enroll).

Thanks for being supportive though. I've had to lie to my parents who are worried about even travelling in the van to Austin and pretty much being blunt about not wanting to use hotels because it'll cost more money. They have no idea I'm going to be full time van dwelling over there.

Latest posts