cheap towns to live in

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dingfelder said:
People willing to live in some place that costs 25k in the west probably don't have the credit rating to buy it.

If there is anything you can buy for 25k ...

you don't need a credit rating to buy property for cash

Some owners will sell on a private rent to own contract to a person without excellent credit. But the interest rate might be high and  if you don't pay on time it all reverts to the owner.

very cool site QR...I enjoyed checking it out. thanks for sharing.

highdesertranger said:
I heard Dolan Springs is a speed trap.

Definitely true! The speed limit changes from 50 to 25 or 35 with no warning. And it's different at night. 

The sheriffs come out a few times a month, for a day, and write hundreds of tickets. It's a cash cow.

I haven't lived there in over 5 years so my info is outdated.

thanks Cyndi.

I don't know exact prices at the moment but if you call Northeast California, Eastern Oregon, most of Nevada outside of the Vegas and Reno areas, and many places in Arizona the west coast there is plenty of cheap houses and rent. I have seen rents as low as 250 a month in Nevada and Eastern Oregon. the only problem see is a long drive for groceries once a month.

highdesertranger

It’s very cheap where I live and we have a Walmart even. You can buy a house with land for $25,000 you just have to wait and look. Larger cities and 30 miles away in either direction.

Beautiful countryside and nice friendly people. I’m in western KY if anyone wants more info PM me.

It’s colder than blue blazes right now and I’m ready to skip out for the winter.

there are two areas in NM where you can still buy a workable house for 20,000$
you may have to put $5,000+ into it but.... you could move in

there are several location in NM with apartments for $300-$400 still