Cheap inverter generators

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SternWake said:
So in case Blars is still following, and still looking for a power supply for his LIfepo4's:
http://www.mouser.com/new/meanwell/meanwell-hep-600-power-supply/

I've just sold my iota, and was about to order a Meanwell RSP-750-15. The hep-600 looks interesting but is more expensive and seems to lack documentation on how to set the charging parameters. Lower power but more efficient and more rugged. The RSP-750 has a neat 14-pin connector that lets me control it remotely.

I will let you know how the HRP-450 works out when it gets here, well maybe from the road . It along with the little generator will be just the ticket for back up to the solar. It also works out great that most of my stuff was chosen to run directly off of the solar at near the same watts including the A/C once the bank takes the surge.

2 months and 2 days later, no report.

WTF!!!!!

Just Kidding,
Just curious.
No stress.
No worries

Rut roh :blush: 

Actually I was so surprised when the little generator didn't overload with the trailers 55a converter that I haven't thought to wire it up yet. I still need to get it done as the converter calls for too much power as the banks voltage drops below 12.4v. Well that and a certain puppy that seems to think that my life should be devoted to walking him every waking minute rain or shine. I know I saw the wiring for it the other day, including the 50 amp analog meter. I'm in a full hook up park that charges less by the week because they charge for electric. HA, guess who hasn't plugged in yet.