Cargo Trailers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMooney

Reaction score
I'm very impressed with the builds I've been seeing on YouTube. Seems to me they make the best sense for dispersed camping.

Seems to me that the cargo trailer is the only thing that can be built for boondocking. Everything else is repurposeing. Some pros know what they are doing.

Bob has a video on ten reasons to buy a cargo trailer instead of an RV. Check it out HoboJoe

I will watch it again but I can name a lot more than that if what we need is in the build. That's what blows other types of builds away. I guess what I'm mainly thinking is totally in the build not to choose one for its type. I see builds that arent creative to what our needs are completely. The cargo van build can do it all for a boondockers needs plus dealing with plumb walls and flat ceilings if they are chosen for that makes them perfect. They might not suit a user to tow. That's what got Bob. He was afraid he couldnt get it out in turn around. Yes that problem will stay with them but he likes to cover a lot of ground scouting for us. Big problem for him but he saw the advantages too.

I found a small one worth the money but I dont want to build a small one. 4x8. Very nice trailer local. Someone needs it but not me.

He knocked it out of the park. Hes found out he was wrong about the buddy heater so I dont have to say it. That trailer will hold a blue flame on thermostat. Trailer doesnt really have any design that makes any sense except ladder racks and solar and it needs doubled. Yes the inside design can be talked about alot. I could prolly name 10 he didnt but he didnt touch on needed things inside either. He did an excellent job  but the hits keep comming he didnt mention for what boondockers need.

I think a cargo trailer is an excellent platform for a conversion/build if you are comfortable towing.

The government in the very old days used to make plans for their very own loans. No air conditioning. So what they did was design vertical windows above 4 feet from the floor that were SIDE sliders that were also narrow. The result was that it let hot air off the ceiling and let cooler air to gather near the lower 4 feet. Plenty of the narrow windows were installed on all four exterior walls for cross ventilation. Thats now desired for a dry camper. So that's 1. It also allowed furniture on all four walls edit.

0ne thing that has been overlooked in the builds is the turbo fan which makes it an exellent choice in this case. The roof should not be penetrated since its flat. Imo. Turbo fans are to move a great amount of air quietly efficiently. One Installed high on a back door wood act as an attic fan forcing air in from the other sides. Very easy on power needs. That's 2