CaptainBuilt’s Adventures!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bullfrog said:
Really enjoy your posts, grew upon on the Ohio River watching the tug boats go by.
Where at on the Ohio? I go up there every now and then.

highdesertranger said:
cool,  nice to see you back.  I was wondering what happened to you.  highdesertranger

Thanks, sorry for the delay.

I got off the boat and took a rental home. No van for a couple weeks.

Since I can't work on the van, I might as well brew beer when it's 20 degrees outside. Like any sensible adult would do.

LTzn0aAh.jpg

Actually the Kentucky side in the Greenup and Boyd county areas. You would probably be more familiar with Boggs Landing, just below where the Big Sandy River comes in. I used to watch Cardinal Market deliver groceries in their small boat to the passing tugs years ago and had several friends that worked the river.

Catching up again.....

When junkyard hunting for new front seats:

L8TJTzOl.jpg

An engine is supposed to go here....

zV4b6rLl.jpg

Van heaven:
B8Q8ivtl.jpg

iPad mount on:

sYNmCAgl.jpg

Finally installed the new springs and 35" tires:

gMfbAeGl.jpg

UUq1OYwl.jpg

Camping....

po8Nfovl.jpg

Mmgqto7l.jpg

3CrUQw4l.jpg

yOr4UL2l.jpg

highdesertranger said:
Cool,  Nice work.  Highdesertranger
Thanks!
bullfrog said:
Looks dandy! How long is your bed?
It's a queen bed 60"x80". 

I was involved in a real tornado. Talk about scare you to death. 

[video=youtube]

Finally bought a Fiamma awning. Black awnings are backed up for 6 months. I got a white one, then painted it black. 

k18mGTih.jpg

brJnns4h.jpg

y50Gcu6h.jpg

Fa9VxaUh.jpg

Having 21 year old van issues. The side door wouldn't open. Both cables were broke for in and outside handles.

phDsC4th.jpg

It's been a while since I've posted anything.

I'm full time now. The van was sold. It kept giving me problems. Since then I've built a 12ft box truck.

oxn87L1l.jpg

It has a mini split, shower, 1000w of solar, 1120ah of lithium batteries, and on demand hot water.

MZzwQfYl.jpg

adzF4htl.jpg