Camping at Quartzite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive got my own black etyed peas, thank you! Also, no trade. Just a gift

Jiim Denver, I will look forward to meeting you :)  Randy from the youtube channel The Mobile Traveler stopped by yesterday.

Not too hard to spot me, only model and color of this travel trailer around here.
AZ2.jpg

Attachments

• AZ2.jpg
    AZ2.jpg
    391.1 KB
Ravella and X said:
Ive got my own black etyed peas, thank you! Also, no trade. Just a gift

Yummm!!! Black-eyed peas, and Collard Greens!!!

Actually I drove by today and I was right. I have helped a few people right near you. There was no vehicle so it will have to be next time.

I got back to YARC camp and it is unoccupied but now Sparky's is occupied.

Wayne I sure as hell didn’t pay that for that little gnome. I can’t imagine I paid even five bucks. Came from one of the dollar type stores.

Reva I bought three bags of King Arthur today. I could remember whether you wanted white or wheat so I bought two white and one wheat.

If I ever get there I’ll be by. My sis said she might drive my car out there for me. I need it so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. If she does then we leave the day after thanksgiving. If she can’t go we leave before.

It’s going to suck but I really need a car out there. I hate to have to buy one and store it out there.

[quote pid='513875' dateline='1606101980']
Cammalu
Reva I bought three bags of King Arthur today. I could remember whether you wanted white or wheat so I bought two white and one wheat.
[/quote]
I'm really excited about the whole wheat! Two more bags of white plus my 25 lbs will go a long way =)

Want me to pick up another whole wheat? These are regular size bags.

Thanks Cammalu. No need for more. I am happy to have people to share with!

I’m looking forward to a hot loaf of yummy bread. Will keep you in supplies!!! Anything else you’d like to have?

No cammalu, thank you. I am set. If it turns out that loads of people want bread, I will eventually ask for kingsford charcoal of someone. But not you, cause you already have got supplies for me. I don't want to get stuff for bread. I just want to make it and give it away, and charcoal is the spendiest part. Now do NOT bring me charcoal! I have two big bags right now lol

You are cooking the bread over charcoal??? Pics!

I have given up trying to post pics here. It plain old doesn't work from my phone, and I don't want to bother with a third party hosting service for linking.

OMG........We "got" the bread........Incredible crusty with a rich soft sourdough inside..........I didn't hear the "charcoal" backstory ?

#bread.jpg Thank-You Revella

We split the loaf 4 ways back in Sparky camp....YUM !!!! 

Someone else is camped right at the YARC firepit.... 

We met Maki in her cute red trailer

Attachments

• #bread.jpg
    #bread.jpg
    199 KB
highdesertranger said:
Ravella have you looked at the posting pictures tutorial?

https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=13285

https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=15791

I am also interested how you bake bread with charcoal.  what I do is to put the bread in a dutch oven and then put the dutch oven in a BBQ that has a lid.  works good but takes a little practice to get the timing down.

highdesertranger
Yes, I have followed the tutorial. The browse button doesnt function at all on my phone. I won't spend time and frustration on things like that anymore unless the importance is high. Life is short, ya?

I use a lodge Dutch oven table and a 10" deep dish lodge camp style Dutch oven. 32 to 36 coals, prepped in a chimney. 12 coals under the edge, the rest in a single ring at rhe edge of the lid. It took a lot of learning for me to get it right- carmelized top, browned but not burrt bottom. I've been doing it approximately twice weekly for over two years, with some experimentation the year before. I sometimes still mess up, but not very often. Weather matters.

Spaceman Spiff said:
I tried making bread in a dutch oven . . . ended up with charcoal.
I see the problem here... It's the word "once". The good things in life are worth try try try. Ya?

Latest posts