Cammalu is running away

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Lenny. Until I can walk better I think I'm going to need to bring my own wheels so I can utilize my dreaded scooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I break down and end up a repair shop I always hug myself thinking at least it is not the boat. The Winne chieften my parents had was close in size and bulk but not weight. Easier to pull wrenches on concrete than partially solidified hydrogen and oxygen. But tag marine on the part number and add 200 bucks. Ran dodge truck alternators for years, no issue. Just run the blowers for the actual five minutes the user manuals says. LOL!

Glad you got out and had some fun.

Thanks Scott! I've got GREAT news! Gunny called and said he might come out today! I'm staying out here in Missouri with Gotsmart. It will be a good shakedown trip for him to come here where he has support and I'm very excited to finally meet my good friend I call or text at least twice a day.

Amazon Echo review.

I received a package in the mail a couple of weeks ago and just assumed it was something that I had ordered from Amazon. I threw it in the camper unopened and took off for a trip to anywhere but home.

When I opened the package I realized it wasn't something that I ordered at all but a gift from sister five.

I really didn't know a thing about it so called her to explain. She said just don't overthink it, plug it in, download the app and it will tell you what to do.

I did overthink a bit but got thru the setup process pretty easily.

I love, love, love this thing. It sounds great and is small enough that you can stick it just about anywhere.

When Jim in Denver was talking about getting your own wifi and Mobley I ordered so have my own wifi I'm pleased with. Thanks Jim.

You do have to have Amazon Prime to use it but I already have Prime.

You just have to say "Alexa" followed by a command. Say for instance "Alexa play the news" or "Alexa, remind me to turn off the stove in 15 minutes" "Alexa, make a list for me". "Alexa, play 70s rock" or a jillion other things.

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this thing and right now I'm listening to NPR and drinking my morning cup of coffee.

I introduced Gotsmart to Alexa and I think he's pretty impressed also but I'll leave him to his own opinion about it. You do need to be precise in your commands. For example you must use the command "play" then whatever. There is a small learning curve but not bad at all.

I bought a little cage like holder at Walmart that makes it more secure. I'll be attaching it to a wall somewhere.

c2398bceffbadd1f37f8a3eb5a6518aa.jpg

I've got an Echo and find it handy-dandy. Ask it to tell you a joke, or a story.

Hey Putts! I have asked for stories and I'm going to ask her for a joke right now!

Haha! Funny joke!

I'm just trying to learn what all this will do!

It sounds like you're having a ball my friend!! Hope Rob makes it out, cannot wait to see pics of that crew!

Cammalu said:
Amazon Echo review.
<------->
You just have to say "Alexa" followed by a command.  Say for instance "Alexa play the news" or "Alexa, remind me to turn off the stove in 15 minutes" "Alexa, make a list for me". "Alexa, play 70s rock" or a jillion other things.  

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this thing and right now I'm listening to NPR and drinking my morning cup of coffee.

IMPRESSIVE! Maybe someday I'll find out how well they work. :p

I'm on the road again seeking out new roadside attractions.

I got word that Gotsmart had another stroke during a big problem with his landlord and decided to go to Missouri and see what I could do to help. When I spoke with him on the phone he really wasn't coherent but now he has come around a lot but is still under a lot of stress trying to get his daughter and her boyfriend moved to California.

I went out there and interfered as best I could then thought he'd be better off away for a few days. I know he likes the stupid attractions like I do so I asked him if he wanted to take a mini trip.

Today we got a late start but did see a couple of things. One was this giant Indian in Bagnell, MO

ad3853ebddf8be8fd27326ab8b04ffa5.jpg

"Injun Joe" as it's called has been restored and newly painted. It looks like new but has been there for fifty years.

Then we stopped in Lebanon, MO for dinner and also went by the Cackle Hatchery that has been in the chicken business since 1936. They handle 195 varieties of chickens and will mail a box of babies to you by USPS. I have ordered from them but it's been years. They had a big funny chicken made out of bails of hay so I got Gotsmart to model for a photo. As you can see he was a reluctant model.

78a1b190388e2460602460f15d05881e.jpg

Tomorrow on to see more sites and zany things.

^^^ add me to that list!

If I wasn't in the middle of moving one of my own kids, I'd volunteer to come move his... :rolleyes:

highdesertranger said:
tell John I am pulling for him. highdesertranger

He said with your truck you can pull anything [emoji12]

Almost There said:
^^^ add me to that list!

If I wasn't in the middle of moving one of my own kids, I'd volunteer to come move his... :rolleyes:

Beth; kicking their sorry Bahokies across the country would be too slow.   :D  

Thanks for the thougts.

Beth, thanks. I'm going to get them to CA.

GotSmart said:
Beth; kicking their sorry Bahokies across the country would be too slow.   :D  

Thanks for the thoughts.

Haha, you have no idea how hard and how fast I can kick butt.... :D :D :p 

And I can't wait to meet Cammalu and give her my thanks in person!

It took all day to make 130 miles today.  The kids are going to have to ride the dog.  We do not have a month to take them there and come back in time.

Today we visited a few roadside attractions.

Before we hit those we did go to a rv salvage yard and buy a few items.

Then down the road to a statue of Marlin Perkins in Carthage, MO and I'm sure most of you will remember him from the old Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom (I loved that show).

4e1846d76abeba062b92b30357f8f60a.jpg

Just down the road we spotted this old police car:

70744bfc43a56bbffdedcc9c4d7b0617.jpg

And afterward we saw this silliness

94dcd8833765fa533f37fc1760c878d9.jpg

But the MAIN reason for heading this way was to get actual photo of the Flying Manure Spreader of YARC fame!

c40d260ffc99d376f079f176a36ddab1.jpg

8d9bfc57fa5f3c0feb1ec0f989ebf39d.jpg

ca0fb88af0bc0ab20b66f74366deeccd.jpg

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

We are really tired although we only drove a bit over 100 miles. Last night at Lowes at 2AM some young kids decided to would be a fun thing to drive by the RV and honk their horn several times. I was just getting back to sleep when they did it again... I heard Gotsmart stirring so went ahead and got up and made coffee and never did go back to bed. I know I'm turning in early tonight and hopefully there won't be any further disturbances like I had at Walmart the other day or at Lowes last night.

Till tomorrow zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz