Calling all New England new vanlifers!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesset121290

Reaction score
Myself and a couple friends that are new to the vanlife have been discussing organizing a gathering during this upcomg spring in the north east region of the country. Most likely in the PA or NY area. Would be great to get together a bunch of people that are new, or seasoned, in the lifestyle to get together and build some community in our region for van dwellers and nomads. If your someone that would be interested, lets all chat and see if we can make it happen!

Jesset121290 said:
Myself and a couple friends that are new to the vanlife have been discussing organizing a gathering during this upcomg spring in the north east region of the country. Most likely in the PA or NY area. Would be great to get together a bunch of people that are new, or seasoned, in the lifestyle to get together and build some community in our region for van dwellers and nomads. If your someone that would be interested, lets all chat and see if we can make it happen!

Hi.  I am a new full timer as of May, this yr.  I have a SUV with a sm TT.  I spent the summer in NH on my friend's property & am itching to go exactly there - NY or PA!  Let me know when u want to do this.  Patti

I'm having a small gathering in Oct the 12th to the 15th. I call it NEVR (north east vandweller rendezvous). "NEVR again" as I had one in May. :)  Currently expecting 4-5 participants and I have room for a few more. It will be held about an hour SW of Albany, NY. There is a thread on it in the gathering section. PM me if interested.

Patti S said:
Hi.  I am a new full timer as of May, this yr.  I have a SUV with a sm TT.  I spent the summer in NH on my friend's property & am itching to go exactly there - NY or PA!  Let me know when u want to do this.  Patti

Awesome!! I'm not out full timing yet but getting my van all built out and trying to get my affairs in order to hit the road. I spend a lot of times taking trips and just in the van but still gotta go back to home base for for as of now. I definetly want to make thins happen so I will keep the page updated as i have more details!!

Welcome!

vtwinkicker said:
I'm having a small gathering in Oct the 12th to the 15th. I call it NEVR (north east vandweller rendezvous). "NEVR again" as I had one in May. :)  Currently expecting 4-5 participants and I have room for a few more. It will be held about an hour SW of Albany, NY. There is a thread on it in the gathering section. PM me if interested.

This would be awesome! Unfortunately I have to work all but 1 of those days... if you decide to have another I would definitely be down as well as a few friends who I'm sure would love to come. And if you all would be interested in being part of setting up the 1 I'm referring to and coming in the spring that would Ben awesome! I'll pass the info along to my friends though. 

Cheers!

I hope you don't mind my saying this, but I can't resist. Technically, NY and PA are not considered New England. Mid-Atlantic yes, part of the Northeast yes, but New England no. Hell, there are still New Englanders who debate whether CT should be included, so NY and PA are definitely out. I'm guessing you meant to say Northeast or New York in your title. Yes, I am a pain in the ass sometimes.

Anyway, if I were on the road now, I'd probably attend all gatherings in New England, the Northeast, NY, PA.... NEVR sounded like the last one was fun. But alas I am still stationary and not out there yet. Good luck & have fun!

vtwinkicker said:

Hello again.  I think that's going to be too late in the season for me, but I will keep it in mind.  Tx!  BTW, where r u from?

Where is this taking place if it still is happening. I am in Massachusetts but would be interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is located near Cobleskill, NY which is about 45 minutes SW of Albany. If you would like to come send me a PM.

I may be able to attend. Would love too but need to figure out when heading to nc first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Jesset-  I'm in New York City and so far, have hung out with 2 other people I've met on this Forum to discuss our ideas and dreams. Would love to meet you if you and your friends are anywhere near here!
I'm thinking to do a small mid-late October hang here, have some food and chat all together...Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry I missed this as I wasn't paying attention. Saw vtwinkicker's YT video on the event, looked great!

I will be coming back home to CT and new england for a few months before heading west, let me know if something like this happens!