California resident

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeLugton

Reaction score
1/29/2017 I just attended my first RTR.  I've been camping all my life.  Now my life will be in a car and tent.  I love the life.  Met so many nice people and planning to meet up with a few in the future.  Bob Wells has set up a wonderful information Highway for those who want to live the Nomad life and for those who have no choice.  I was living with an abusive man and it was 3 choices,  1. Stay and become more and more withdrawn from life to I am sucked dry  2. Die  3.  Get busy living my own life and find peace and happiness within me.  I am a spiritual person and nature brings out the best in me.  God has a purpose for me so #2 was not really an option.  I am planning on visiting Slab City and then going to Ehrenburgh.  I don't really know anyone there so hope some people from the RTR are in both places but if not I also enjoy solitude.  We shall see what happens.

We'll stop by and bug ya when we can!

DeeLugton said:
1/29/2017 I just attended my first RTR.  I've been camping all my life.  Now my life will be in a car and tent.  I love the life.  Met so many nice people and planning to meet up with a few in the future.  Bob Wells has set up a wonderful information Highway for those who want to live the Nomad life and for those who have no choice.  I was living with an abusive man and it was 3 choices,  1. Stay and become more and more withdrawn from life to I am sucked dry  2. Die  3.  Get busy living my own life and find peace and happiness within me.  I am a spiritual person and nature brings out the best in me.  God has a purpose for me so #2 was not really an option.  I am planning on visiting Slab City and then going to Ehrenburgh.  I don't really know anyone there so hope some people from the RTR are in both places but if not I also enjoy solitude.  We shall see what happens.

Hi Dee, 

We just left slab city. There is a decent sized group out there still. There is a post on here, friends of Bob slab City 2017, also a group on fb with the same name. If you contact them, they can give you more specific instructions on how to find them. I do know they are parked in the Lows. We are headed to Ehrenburg in the next few days. Hope this helps.
 Caryn

Welcome to the CRVL forums Dee! 

Here's a little information about Slab City - https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-Friends-of-Bob-2017-Slab-City-Encampment

Post on this thread or contact some of the people who have posted for information on Ehrenberg -  https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-E...e-in-the-middle-of-nowhere-Sunday-29th-at-1pm

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.