Buying my first RV... Gulf Stream Diesel?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
speedhighway46 said:
 Although my Motorhome is made from a commercial vehicle it has 980,000 miles and the engine is tight and dry, and probably not too different than the one in your RV, except maybe bigger.
dang, that's some mileage! could i trouble you with the brand,etc to help in my search (if i'm ever able to engage in one).
thanks, jim

For those who responded, thank you. I am about to take possession of a 20' Pleasure-Way Camper Van. I am excited, scared and trying to figure out how to get started. Gonna try to find me some free camping here in the PNW and marvel at the beauty out this way. See you all down the road!   :heart:

30 ft pushers tend to have front ends that are too light so they can be a handful to drive. Drive it a lot before you buy.

My first thought about a 30 year old motor home is that it will have serial breakdowns of various sorts, and be a money pit.

Our first RV in 2002 was a 1977 Barth, which was a great camper with the grandkids but not very roadworthy.

We put a lot of money into it and then sold it for scrap 5 years later.

If what you want is to travel, go small and buy the newest vehicle you can afford.

...Pleasure Way will give you years of pleasure...our Canadian friends know what they are doing...Good day A...