build moving

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty sure that he would do a convert for someone. He has asked me about it a bit and I see he is thinking about doing more builds. aaand.. not far from PDX..well kinda.. he is in Lewiston Idaho...343 miles

If you start having some snags and really do need his help reach out and we can see what kind of magic can be conjured up. Depending on what you need, its possible he could do alot even in one day. Everything there he did in  roughly 20 hours except the floor.

Stay safe.

ok you two seem to know but I don't and I am sure others don't.

Where is PDX?

highdesertranger

desert_sailing said:
I am pretty sure that he would do a convert for someone. He has asked me about it a bit and I see he is thinking about doing more builds. aaand.. not far from PDX..well kinda.. he is in Lewiston Idaho...343 miles

If you start having some snags and really do need his help reach out and we can see what kind of magic can be conjured up. Depending on what you need, its possible he could do alot even in one day. Everything there he did in  roughly 20 hours except the floor.

Stay safe.
Well, that's closer than LA, and I'd love to see Idaho.  I've searched several times for a local carpenter to do finish work. It's amazing the quotes I get for Licensed Contractors at $50/hr which I just can't do. I've asked for carpentry students and still waiting on responses.  As you know, this really is project level and not the $50K Mercedes build.... If I could hold a screwdriver I'd do it myself but I have a few physical limitations.

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I could easily do a trip to Idaho, and I'd say in a week if I can't find anyone here that maybe we should talk further??
I'm going to create a google page that I can easily share all my photos in. Saw they were doing this on FB and it works nicely. Ping me if you'd like a direct link, or I'll post it by tomorrow.

[/font]
thanks! Catmomtoo

I let him know someone may want to hire him. If you get those pictures up of whats needs to be adjusted and what you would like done I can present that to him and let him sort that all.  He can then maybe get ahold of you directly and talk about it a bit.  There is a church right behind his house... there is a person staying in their van there....depending on what you need/like to have done.. you could maybe stay there and pull over across the alley and knock out the van.

Hopefully you wouldn't have to drive over here and can find someone local at a reasonable price.  Just a suggestion.. have you maybe contacted a church to see if they have a congregant that has carpentry skills... those are often good places to find folks willing to help out at a fair charge.

Wishing you the best!

;)    Thanks for sure.  The opportunity you propose sounds idea for this nomad.  

I just now got an offer from a carpenter (looks like he did terrific high end work, which was my flag) at $## per hour which is $20 more than the first contractor charged me - that resulted in an unusable product.  I'll consider checking with another local option.  I'm in a tough spot. I don't want to underpay for quality work. I don't want to get gouged for snake oil either. None of us do. 

I finished my google page; here you go:
[font=Cambria, serif]https://docs.google.com/document/d/...FoBQ57C_Lb32rs/edit?usp=sharing[/font][/SIZE]

I'll let you all digest and see what feedback i get to make this sustainable. Costs I can discuss over the phone and not online.   Thank you and thank you!  Catmomtoo :D

I am sending him the link to your current and desired needs. The bed that I am using is soo good.. it really is.. and you have a ton of storage underneath and a very nice double couch.. He can do that in just a couple hours. . It folds out to a very good size...I am 6'1 and I can sprawl just fine. Of course it can be made a little smaller if you choose..it is also very easy to get on and off of.  I am gonna use the back door part of the seating/bed as my garage and the front areas for clothes and other interior stuff. The only thing I don't have is some kind of built in table... I will use a tray of sorts for that..It was gonna take more engineering than I wanted/could pay for. The counter tops I have along the side work just fine for a "table" as well.

I was noticing the bed up to the windows... yikes.. I don't think I would feel comfortable being on display like in a store window... You could wake up in the morning with the curtains pulled open and your hinney on display...:(( LOL

Your flooring and color scheme is great!

Great job on your google doc and bid info. I hope that you get exactly what you need to be comfortable and functional.

Well, you've sold me more than once now. >>I hope the link worked correctly!

The tiles were free from the office I used to work at. They truly are 20 year old retro tiles! Perfect for a hippy van.  The amount of usable space you have is terrific.  It's been suggested to me just throw in bins and the mattress on top of more bins. I've hit that certain age where i can no longer set up a tent, crawl in to the back seat to sleep, or dig through bins to find things. Life has to have a certain sense of order - and I'll miss my thirty different jars of spices. I know I can live with just five :)   

If your magician with a hammer and nails is in Idaho, where are you currently grounded?  Just curious.

Attachments

• boo.jpg
    boo.jpg
    749.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts