Bucket lists

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanbrat

Reaction score
After watching the lists grow in the other what to do after retirement I am very curious about bucket lists.
I love to find food goodies and cook stuff but that is only one of my bucket list things. I also have a few funky things that I want to do before I can't.
We are now talking about going to Florida for a few weeks this winter. I want to kayak with the manatees in Crystal springs and I want to go to key west don't totally know why but I do.
I want to back to the Grand Canyon and sleep in the cave I saw somewhere around that area.
I want to go to all the big zoos around the country just because I like zoos.
I want to kayak on the Erie canal and go down the Mississippi in a wheel type boat, and ride my bike on the rail trail between Chicago and New Oreliens. There is a tree top trail in the smokey mountains (I think) that I would love to ride on.
I want to sleep a few nights 2 or 3 in the Joshua Tree park in Calif.
I want to go to each and every national park, Heck I have been paying for these great places for ever so yea I want to see them.
I want to write a children's book that has been rattling around in my head for a while now.
And play with my grandchild (I don't think that is ever going to happen now.)
There are a few more goodies that I want to do but this is a good start.
I expect that I won't get to finish my list but hey I can dream.

We met someone at a restaurant and he was going to golf on EVERY golf course on the west coast. My brother wants to see every Harley museum or? in the country Hubby wants to make our home a park. My Dad wants to read every Louis Lamore western book. I think he has read all of them. And I have read a few. Mom wants to make the whole tribe be friends (ain't gonna happen).
So what is your list?

That’s a great list, vanbrat, and I would find a couple of those rather compelling, myself.

I want to take the train across Canada (scheduled)
Visit Ireland in the Springtime.

Maggie

The only thing I missed on my BL is flying & getting signed off in a DC3. Still flying since 1935, hauling passengers, freight, contraband & skydivers and still doing great. After getting signed off I planned to take off fly to 15K trade pilots & skydive out the back but it's not going to happen. Life's been a awesome Blast! :)

That’s a great list, vanbrat, and I would find a couple of those rather compelling, myself.

I want to take the train across Canada (scheduled)
Visit Ireland in the Springtime.

Maggie
We did 2 weeks in Ireland for my Bday, St Paddy's day & it was awesome. We did the self drive & B&Bs. You can do a 9 day for just over $1000 airfare, car, lodging. I'd fly into Shannon. Let me know if you want me to find the link.

Idk……after 70 years have pretty much been everywhere; experienced everything - good n bad.

Enjoy the rest of my healthy life relatively pain free; a good nights sleep; internal peace; external quiet; solitude. 🤙😎

jonny boi livin the dream.

I am living my senior years being a snowbird. I started adventures when I was young, I ran away from home to Alaska when I was in my late teens. So a “bucket list” is a not the concept I work from. I just decide to do things and then do them.