Break downs or accidents

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sl1966

Reaction score
I'm curious to know how you handle circumstances when the van has to stay at the shop for an extended period of time?<div><br></div>

Sleep at the shop in the van. The owner is a friend of mine. Says its OK. Other wise I have friends in the area. They also have real showers and cable. My job also has a comfy recliner in a room in the back....maybe not.

I agree with <b>She</b>.&nbsp; When DH &amp; I fulltimed, we stayed in our coach when it was in the shop.&nbsp; If they wouldn't have let us, we'd have taken it somewhere else.&nbsp;&nbsp; We never had a breakdown, though...just scheduled maintenance and remodeling. <br>

Well I have been lucky and everything seems to work fine till I get back to home base and get whatever needs fixin', fixed... But my plan is pretty simple, on my insurance I have a rider for a rental car for accidents or repairs... I would rent a van and transfer the needed gear and camp out till it is fixed... Then the problem is paying for the fix... LOL <br>

<p style="margin: 0px;">She, Mockturtle and SoulRaven ...</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">All good answers. Thanks for your insight.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Bob</p>

I guess they (the repair shops) try and get you repaired a little faster then?&nbsp;<div><br></div>

I carry a small tent big enough to get by in for a week or two. If there is a RV park nearby I will stay there and wait. Tent spaces are usually fairly reasonable and you can use their bathhouse for bathroom, shower. Bob<br>&nbsp;<br>

&nbsp;I carry so many tools that I've yet to visit a mechanic. Have rebuilt an engine (Volkswagen at the time) on the side of the road before. <br>

Latest posts