Box truck rear roll up door conversion?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerD

Reaction score
Has anyone converted a box truck roll up door to swingout doors?

I'm seriously thinking of getting one in place of my van. I bought the van because of the stealth aspect, which I could care less about now.

Most have a roll up door and that's not going to work for me. It takes away too much of the height on the inside.

Curious what's the best way to do.

Seems to me you just need to mount some hinges to the rear sides and to fiberglass reinforced plywood for the doors. Then install the latch/lock mechanism that's used for them.

if you cant find a set of used ones. sure you could make some. the hinges and locking mechanism are easily obtainable. that part I am having a hard time finding is the extruded aluminum frame. let us know if you find any. highdesertranger

hey that's pretty good it looks as if there are several options there. highdesertranger

I’ve looked at box truck builds on YouTube. One way is to remove the entire rear door assembly and wall it off with the addition of a regular door .

do not use residential doors and windows in any build. they are not meant for mobile applications. highdesertranger