Bought It, Then Sold It

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First, it was just too big. 15' box.
Next, with a truck, you are limited to certain roads- I violated this multiple times because the "No Trucks' sign came up so fast I was committed and had little choice but to drive on or stop and back up.
I think it was technically a violation to drive to my home :(
You must also follow certain road rules- A steep hill says "Trucks Speed Limit 45MPH" No problem, but if you miss it ...
I noticed many parking lots say "No Trucks"
It got tagged, as did another cube van near me. I was very disgusted, and would've gotten myself a cot and three hots because I felt homicidal in the moment.
They siphoned gas out, and I hadn't had an issue in the last 20yrs with other vehicles.

It's a great, great idea in the wild- Easily insulate, lots of solar space, and room for a deck.

It just became a source of worry.

Of interest, the guy who bought it said he was going to use it to move about 1300 miles- U-Haul wanted about $2000!!!!!!
so you can see he was no dummy.

wow does sound like alot of worry for you.

glad it is sold and now you can research and buy something that will suit you better....tell us what you do get :)

As far as vehicles are concerned it's all a compromise!

However, as you experienced, your vehicle must not work against you, and yours clearly did, so had to go.

The vehicle I wanted, I couldn't run on my budget, so I sought something I could, but that didn't have standing room in the cargo area.

So I bought a welder and learned how to make a high top.

Some compromises can be acceptable, others not.

You made the right decision to sell the truck and whatever you settle on should make your life and travels easier.

The "No Trucks" signs are for commercial vehicles, Not private trucks. The speed limits restrictions are usually for trucks with three or more axles, but you need to look that up for your state. Highdesertranger

any new maybe purchases in the future that you are seeing out there? just wondering on an update kinda :)