BobBski 2020

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was getting ready to pull out and couldn’t find Reba???  She was just outside???  “Please cover me back up, trying to nap here.”

Attachments

• CBC15FB9-FFA0-4BAF-975C-E61F3C0B9D7D.jpeg
    CBC15FB9-FFA0-4BAF-975C-E61F3C0B9D7D.jpeg
    349.9 KB
Bob what do you do about fishing licenses? Do you have to get one for each state?

Unfortunately, I haven't discovered a one license for several states. I buy the yearly license for a state as it is not much more than a 7 day. It would be nice if there was a national license but I don't foresee that ever happening and if it did would probably be a really outrageous price.

Maybe we could lobby for a license that would work in all the national forests and other government land.

Cammalu said:
Bob what do you do about fishing licenses?  Do you have to get one for each state?
Yes, and some can get rather expensive but...hobbies are hobbies  :D

B and C said:
It would be nice if there was a national license.
It definitely would make things easier.  Having said that fishing license fees are the one thing I don’t mind paying.  All the monies go to the Fish and Game Department of each state and aren’t used for anything but stocking programs etc. to improve/maintain fishing.

Sunset last night

Attachments

• B1B06953-30FB-4FA0-9E3B-70779C40EEE0.jpeg
    B1B06953-30FB-4FA0-9E3B-70779C40EEE0.jpeg
    199.4 KB
Highly indorse the Dometic CF50 12volt compressor fridge.  4 years nonstop operation at 35F and hasn’t hiccuped.  A lot of groceries in there and will still hold some more.  Restocked fridge, pantry and 11 gallons of water yesterday.  Won’t see town again for 10-14 days.  Oh, and the girls 5 gal bucket is full of their food and snacks as well.  Life is good.

Fridge Tip:  Pack n Seal all meats in ziplocks; prevents blood leakage mess and smelly fridge.
C5138B7E-D00D-4EFA-B5C3-66F156F3219F.jpeg

Edit: wired directly into 12 volt fuse box

Attachments

• C5138B7E-D00D-4EFA-B5C3-66F156F3219F.jpeg
    C5138B7E-D00D-4EFA-B5C3-66F156F3219F.jpeg
    492.7 KB
Bob what is that tray on the side for, the one you have the condiments in? does it just get cool or does it get cold like the rest of the refrigerator? the reason I am asking is because someone asked me recently and I didn't know the answer. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
Bob what is that tray on the side for,  the one you have the condiments in?  does it just get cool or does it get cold like the rest of the refrigerator?
Doesn’t seem to get as cold but cold enough.  Makes it easier to find condiments too :p :D

HDR.... that shallower shelf is build right over the compressor. Guess they did it to maximize storage area in the fridge.

2:00 minute slideshow of photos for June/July Travels.  Just a reminder I just use YouTube to store and share; non-monetized.  Have a great weekend all.
Jun/Jul 2020 slideshow

Lost track of you a couple years ago when you were headed up to Alaska!
Seem like you kind of stopped posting and I'd followed since your early days on the road.
Glad you're back and posting once again!

Wow! You could sing that Johnny Cash song. "I've Been Everywhere, Man."

I thought that was Russia up there where you went to the 2 little sections way north.