BobBski 2017..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Bob my name is written on the backside of the Artic Circle sign, also on the ceiling of the bar in Coldfoot. highdesertranger

It's hard to find a clear enough day to get a good picture of Denali (Mt McKinley).  This was taken from many miles to the north on a hazy day with IPhone zoom maxed out.  This is the side we successfully climbed in the early 80's.

Bit of trivia:  Denali gains 3/4" elevation per year due to plate action.
IMG_7399.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7399.JPG
    IMG_7399.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 12
If you are interested in watching a 9 minute video of Atigun Pass, Dalton Hwy/ Haul Rd, Alaska, I saved it on YouTube. This is a 5 mile 12% grade up and down through the Brooks Mtn Range.

appreciate the info on gears and speed through the pass.
what tires are you running and what pressures ?

I'm thinking on next year.

MM

Makenmend....Hankook Dynapro All Terrain, 235/65R16. Tire pressures, 49 psi front, 71 psi rear. Rated to last 70k miles

9 minute slideshow of Alaska July 2017 pictures

1 minute video of girls playing around

3 generations shown working Teri's family produce farm in Alaska.  Paula (Teri's mom), Teri (Bobby's wife), granddaughter Courtney, grandson Andy and his girlfriend.  This beautiful farm has raised some beautiful people in addition to the crops of produce.  Hard working family for sure.
IMG_7437.JPG
IMG_7439.JPG
IMG_7440.JPG
IMG_7438.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7437.JPG
    IMG_7437.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7439.JPG
    IMG_7439.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7440.JPG
    IMG_7440.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7438.JPG
    IMG_7438.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 9
Irrigated? I wouldn't have thought that. That is some lush,healthy looking produce. Enjoying the videos, Bob.

'How interesting..............trimming/packaging head lettuce right in the field"

that's SOP(standard operating procedure) for lettuce. even that plastic with all the holes in it that lettuce is sometime wrapped in is done in the field. highdesertranger

I loved the vid of the unguided puppy missiles torpedoing each other on the lawn.... :D

I don't do many campfires but every once in awhile I do.  Picked up an artificial log today to see how it may work in the Mini Grill.  I broke the log in half and put in both pieces, started right up and worked great, 2 1/2 hours on one log.  Life is good. :)
IMG_7445.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7445.JPG
    IMG_7445.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 7
IMG_7459.JPG
1 minute time lapse of clouds/fog moving in all directions around Pioneer Peak Alaska.

Attachments

• IMG_7459.JPG
    IMG_7459.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 6
BobBski said:
1 minute time lapse of clouds/fog moving in all directions around Pioneer Peak Alaska.
You get some awesome shots of your trip hoping to be able to make it up that way 1 day in the process of building a 1998 E-350 hightop club wagon extra long to travel around in trying to get my SSDI been truck driver for 30 plus years than all the sudden had detached retina in my left eye 5 surgerys in the past year with no luck still no vision in that.Be safe Bob keep on post and I will keep reading them

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

It was a nice clear day in Palmer today so decided to head north and see if Denali was visible.  This is the south side, the pictures I previously posted were of the north side.  Majestic for sure.
IMG_7472.JPG
IMG_7473.JPG
IMG_7474.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7472.JPG
    IMG_7472.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7473.JPG
    IMG_7473.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7474.JPG
    IMG_7474.JPG