BobBski 2017..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang Bob, gorgeous scenery... are you becoming immune to it yet?

Queen said:
Dang Bob, gorgeous scenery... are you becoming immune to it yet?
Not yet, lived up here 14 years and it never lost its "awe" appeal.

IMG_6547.JPG
Spending a few days in Homer Alaska out on the Homer Spit.
3:50 video

Attachments

• IMG_6547.JPG
    IMG_6547.JPG
    97.5 KB
4 nice filets from every halibut,  yummy 
IMG_6548.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6548.JPG
    IMG_6548.JPG
    104.1 KB
IMG_6551.JPG
10 months of van living, so much more to see and do. Life is good:)
June 2017 pictures in a slideshow 

Attachments

• IMG_6551.JPG
    IMG_6551.JPG
    65.2 KB
Those bear pictures were much more impressive in the slide show! It is indeed beautiful and awe inspiring up there and I can't wait to visit!!

Would be hard to lose awe of that scenery, Bob. I understand there are so many Bald Eagles in Homer they are almost a pest.

There's a bunch for sure, I'll get a picture tomorrow. Today I saw a bald eagle swoop down on a lady's open package of herring (bait) and fly away with it hahaha. Scared her to death, it was only a couple of feet from her.

Dennis, not sure it's the same one that scared the lady yday but it's perched in the same spot.
IMG_6572.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6572.JPG
    IMG_6572.JPG
    47.5 KB
Bob, if the lady isn't there get you a pkg. of bait and sit there with it. See what happens..... Oh, and need a video if its the same eagle. lol :) JK. It could the same one though.

Open a can of fish and find out !

There's a local drive in restaurant here that has a seagull hanging out on the sign or roof always ready to swoop down on an unsuspecting diner's lobster roll !

He's bigger than other gulls for some reason.......

Veggie stir fry for supper.  Portabello mushroom, red bell pepper, white onion, baby spinach.  Cooked in tablespoon of butter; seasoned with garlic powder, salt and black pepper.  Amazingly, that whole plate of baby spinach cooked down into the final dish.
IMG_6627.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6627.JPG
    IMG_6627.JPG
    84.4 KB
IMG_6628.JPG
Ready to eat. :)

0:43 video 

Attachments

• IMG_6628.JPG
    IMG_6628.JPG
    105 KB
Ordered a [font='Amazon Ember', Arial, sans-serif]UCO Flatpack Portable Stainless Steel Grill and Fire Pit today from Amazon.  It comes with its own case.  I've been wanting a BBQ for awhile, will review and provide feedback.[/font]
IMG_6626.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6626.JPG
    IMG_6626.JPG
    63 KB
11:14 p.m, sun will rise at 4:55 a.m
IMG_6639.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6639.JPG
    IMG_6639.JPG
    42.1 KB
Yesterday I fished off the end of the Homer Spit, Homer Alaska
IMG_6640.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6640.JPG
    IMG_6640.JPG
    98.1 KB
An Interesting catch... evidently the smaller cod got caught without me knowing it and the Irish lord swallowed him.  I had to remove the 75% swallowed cod from his throat then remove the hook from the cod.  Miraculously both swam away unharmed:)
IMG_6641.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6641.JPG
    IMG_6641.JPG
    168 KB
Caught several fish and hoped for a flounder for supper.  No luck on the flounder but this walleye pollock fit the bill.

Attachments

• IMG_6642.JPG
    IMG_6642.JPG
    127.5 KB
Nice looking fish for dinner. I have had a fish take a fish that I had caught but all I got was the head. The rest stayed with whatever caught it while I did. I could deal with that short of night, I'd call it solar heaven.

Nice pictures as always Bob. I loved my trip to Alaska 6 years ago and would love to go back. BTW, I wanted to thank you for your review of the Anker solar panel and battery pack a while back. I had put them on my wish list and they came up on a special a few weeks back - got them for almost 1/2 off. They work great, and are small enough to take on my motorcycle when I'm traveling on it.