BobBski 2017..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long are you going to be up in Alaska Bob? Going to need sweaters for the girls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure exactly how long but we won't be here for winter haha. My sister just asked me the jacket question too haha. My girls are tuff :). Besides, they sniff the air and if too cold, they refuse to go out...sweater or no sweater. They both have learned they can jump up on the bed and crawl under the blankets too.

Enjoying a cuppa and the view from Inside Fast Eddies in Tok Ak.
IMG_6042.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6042.JPG
    IMG_6042.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 14
Got to appreciate that fuel mileage, Bob. As I suspected, you would meander across the southwest and up the west coast enjoying the scenery and fishing and be kicked back in Alaska before I could get finished up with VA and get outta Texas. Still have a month to go it appears so we need more pictures :)

May 2017 pictures slideshow saved to YouTube 

Edit: 2:46 minutes

We'll be posting them Dennis, good luck with VA and your preparation:)

BobBski said:
We'll be posting them Dennis, good luck with VA and your preparation:)

Thanks, Bob. I know you will, just a reminder  :D   
 As for me I was packed and ready to leave two months ago.  Just have to change plans a little.  Or a lot....

Solar panels doing their thing for this Thai Food Restaurant in Glennallen Alaska 
IMG_6068.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6068.JPG
    IMG_6068.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 16
Fairly chillaxin day; slept in until 8:30, coffee at Fast Eddies, washed Coddiwompler, and then drove 150 miles to vicinity of Glennallen.  Life is good.
IMG_6072.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6072.JPG
    IMG_6072.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 9
Also bought my fishing license and a few necessities 
IMG_6073.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6073.JPG
    IMG_6073.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 11
BobBski said:
May 2017 pictures slideshow saved to YouTube 

Edit: 2:46 minutes

Nice slide show Bob keep um coming Be safe & enjoy hope to be out doing the same before long

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

IMG_6075.JPG
2:46 video, Tok AK to Glennallen Ak

Attachments

• IMG_6075.JPG
    IMG_6075.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 7
Hi Bob,
Did you drive from Teslin to Tok in one day? Did you stop by Whitehorse? May I ask where you stayed in Tok? Thanks.

suemulberry said:
Hi Bob,
Did you drive from Teslin to Tok in one day?  Did you stop by Whitehorse?  May I ask where you stayed in Tok?  Thanks.
No, I drove Teslin to just about Haines Jct, place called Otter Creek.  I did go into Whitehorse, had planned on staying a couple days but just too crowded for me, so didn't stop.  In Tok, I parked behind the Chevron station at the turn for the Tok Cut off.

Tiny House Motel; the van, shed or small trailers for your room.  Copper Center Alaska
IMG_6098.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6098.JPG
    IMG_6098.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 20
I've always been fascinated with old cabins and their forgotten stories 
IMG_6101.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6101.JPG
    IMG_6101.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 15
Coffee Shack
IMG_6099.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6099.JPG
    IMG_6099.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 14
Klutina River, Copper Center Ak.
IMG_6116.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6116.JPG
    IMG_6116.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 10
Copper River Valley and the Wrangell Mountains.  Having lived up here for 14 years, I almost feel like I've come home.
IMG_6117.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6117.JPG
    IMG_6117.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 15
0:43 second video of Copper River Valley and Wrangell Mountains